possibly a dumb m20 turbo question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possibly a dumb m20 turbo question...

ive asked a few m20 turbo questions before... but the one answer I haven't come across yet is the issue of the AFM delete once the set up is put together. Ive read a lot of builds and gone through all the pictures, and obviously the AFM gets removed, but what is everyone using in its place? are yall using a MAF sensor somewhere in the tubing? or is this taken care of in some other part of the tune? does the wide band have anything to do with it? not trying to be a noob... just really confused..
    10 minutes... then we invade China.
    We'll begin with the small town of General Tso's,
    And move to the Orange chicken province.

You run megasquirt and it deletes the afm and uses a vacuum sensing line and an iat sensor.

Comment

what if i plan to use the haltech ps2000 system?

Comment

anybody??? no one has used haltech?

Comment

not many here even know what a haltech is. im pretty sure it uses a vacuum source and an iat sensor as well why not google it?

Comment

You can delete your AFM when using haltech ps2000 ..

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

The Haltech is most likely designed to be used as a Speed Density (SD) or Alpha-N calibration like most other units.

Speed Density uses RPM and manifold pressure to determine fuel and ignition requirements

Alpha-N uses RPM and throttle position to determine fuel and ignition requirements.

Most cars will use SD as Alpha-N is mostly reserved for race only cars with ITB or radical cams.
              -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

ok. ya i plan on going the ITB route so hopefully that'll all work out. thanks for all the info +1 for you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by 1owNslo View Post
                  ok. ya i plan on going the ITB route so hopefully that'll all work out. thanks for all the info +1 for you sir!
                  Kind of tredging up an old one here - but why would you go ITB and forced induction?

You're creating a tuning nightmare.
                  1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
                  1990 325i 24v
                  1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

i realize that it would be a tuning nightmare. i just thought it would be unique thats all. but im throwing out the boost idea for the time being and just gonna keep her N/A for the time being.

Comment

also just realized that i said "for the time being twice" -______-

Comment

I'm wondering why you want the haltech. Seems like your not even familiar with its functions.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

im going haltech cuz i want to get rid of the e30 dash. ive done my research and after reading about all the headaches ppl here and other forums have had with megasquirt i thought this would be a good route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 1owNslo View Post
                            im going haltech cuz i want to get rid of the e30 dash. ive done my research and after reading about all the headaches ppl here and other forums have had with megasquirt i thought this would be a good route to go.
                            Contact whodwho on either r3v or e30tech. He will set you up with megasquirt. It comes with no headaches as he has amazing customer service.

Comment

A Haltech setup is $$$$$$$$$$$$$, and probably way more than you need to spend to meet your goals well. There are plug-&-play Megasquirt kits for the M20 out there. It USED to be a kludged-together system, but these days MSIII is really a heck of a platform for its price. You may also want to look at VEMS. While it is not open source like MS, it has built-in coil drivers and a built-in wide-band O2 sensor controller. With the MS, you would need something like the LC-2 for a wide-band (which you SHOULD be looking at using) and an external coil igniter.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
                              X