No announcement yet.

From knowing nothing to having a Thunderbird supercharger on an m20b27i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20s are extremely well build simple engines, other than rockers arms its solid. Given most m20s are pretty beat at this point, a refreshed well running m20 is great.

Comment

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna use my phone to take video of the first start attempt, but I forgot on account of being so excited to turn the key. It was gonna be a video of me turning the key and the motor not starting. But since I didn't take video, it actually did start on the very first turn of the key. There were witnesses, who I threatened with their lives if they didn't come in my thread and verify this Cinderella story.

I haven't driven it for the exhaust isn't all buttoned up yet. Tomorrow…
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Awesome man glad it's back up and running again. I like the bbs spoiler on it.
        "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
        -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Yay! The cup holder runs
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

<--- Witness.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              <--- Witness.
              '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

It's now officially back together and on the road. I've only driven it 3 miles, but it seems strong and tight (toyt, like a tiger). More to come...
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

v i d e o s
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Alright, I drove about 60 or so miles today and the supercharger belt is slipping a bit starting at about 4000rpm so it's only making 5psi peak, at the moment, so I'll snug that up and re-evaluate, but for now, I'm really liking it (of course). No more knocking sounds, thank the gentle Jesus.

I'll get your damn videos soon LJ. I know you don't likey the reading…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

First let me tell you how great of a friend I am. I'm such a good friend that I didn't even publicly thank Agent and Chondamax for helping me get that motor all buttoned up in the car. So thanks guys!!!

Now heres some pics and a startup vid:

~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It's so quiet !

You must be pleased to have it on the road again.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          Chondamax
                          Who is that guy!? Also, a quick search revealed that you definitely need this very legit sounding shit:http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-95-THUNDE...-/351373669224

15psi or go home. Yep.
                          '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

So legit!!! "It's not 5 or 10%, it's somewhere in between". Lol…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                              It's so quiet !

You must be pleased to have it on the road again.
                              I am so pleased.

Also, I tightened the belt and on the way to town this morning (45 degrees f) I saw 6.5psi. So I believe around 6psi is where I am for now. The "new" 2.7L on 6-ish psi feels bigger on the bottom end and about the same on the top end as the rod-knocking 2.5L with 9psi. When the tax money comes in, I think I'll spring for a "professional" tune.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                                I am so pleased.

Also, I tightened the belt and on the way to town this morning (45 degrees f) I saw 6.5psi. So I believe around 6psi is where I am for now. The "new" 2.7L on 6-ish psi feels bigger on the bottom end and about the same on the top end as the rod-knocking 2.5L with 9psi. When the tax money comes in, I think I'll spring for a "professional" tune.

When you do that, drag my brother along to get his turbo looked at.
                                Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X