M20 Twin Screw Supercharger System Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FifeDog236 View Post
    Id be interested for sure in the m42 version.
    me too, that would be sweet for the m42

Comment

:( I wondered what happend, I was looking forward to a S/C twin/screw m20 :(, I really dont want to place a centri in mine.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Sorry about the lack of replies we have had a few issues that have slowed things down. Im happy to say things are back on track now and we should be ready to release around April (Bimmerfest!). I will go ahead and give you guys an idea of what we have accomplished.

The supercharger system has undergone a couple of crucial changes that have allowed us to get to market sooner and also to create a better overall system. First off our tuning line for the M20 is now all interconnected no matter if its naturally aspirated or forced induction. This has allowed us to share components, and importantly spread cost for the customer. The mounting runners from the head to the manifold on the original setup were simply the multithrottle setups throttle bodies minus machine work and the throttles and we used a single billet throttle at the inlet of the supercharger to create a throttled system. To save money and overall complexity we did away with the single billet throttle and we now use the multithrottles in the supercharger system. Below is the overall tuning program layout where you can see how the multithrottle is the basis for all future changes.

Level 1
        -Cold air intake system
        -Multithrottle setup with MAF conversion and ECU reprogramming.

Level 2
        -Non intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with ECU programming at 8PSI.

Level 3
        -Intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with ECU programming and larger injectors. 12PSI
        -1 3/8 Stainless steel headers.
        -Stainless steel cat back exhaust.

Level 4
        -M20 2.7 liter forced induction shortblock. 18+PSI
        -M20 3.1 liter naturally aspirated shortblock.

Arranging our tuning program like this has allowed us to spread cost out for the customer and make sure that you can decide exactly how you want your vehicle to be. If there are any questions please let me know and I will check in on the forum reguarly now that things are back to normal here at the shop.

Greg Scrivner
        SCRIVNER BMW Performance

Comment

estimated costs per level?

Comment

est. power output per level?

Sounds awesome!
            Last edited by Kilomph; 11-07-2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

i already have dbilas ITB's. will it still work with them?
              greg
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                i already have dbilas ITB's. will it still work with them?
                greg
                Dear Greg,

We should hang out.

Devon
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Assault Gerble View Post
                  So does anyone else know of a bolt on S/C setup for the m20, and what kind of #'s you can get from it?
                  http://static.schmiedmann.dk/Danish/...stallation.pdf <<<<<------ Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, sorry if its a repost. I found this while I was looking around the web for m20 S/C kits. Seems pretty cool, and Easy to do as well!

Comment

Originally posted by mss318ti View Post
                    Hello everyone,

Sorry about the lack of replies we have had a few issues that have slowed things down. Im happy to say things are back on track now and we should be ready to release around April (Bimmerfest!). I will go ahead and give you guys an idea of what we have accomplished.

The supercharger system has undergone a couple of crucial changes that have allowed us to get to market sooner and also to create a better overall system. First off our tuning line for the M20 is now all interconnected no matter if its naturally aspirated or forced induction. This has allowed us to share components, and importantly spread cost for the customer. The mounting runners from the head to the manifold on the original setup were simply the multithrottle setups throttle bodies minus machine work and the throttles and we used a single billet throttle at the inlet of the supercharger to create a throttled system. To save money and overall complexity we did away with the single billet throttle and we now use the multithrottles in the supercharger system. Below is the overall tuning program layout where you can see how the multithrottle is the basis for all future changes.

Level 1
                    -Cold air intake system
                    -Multithrottle setup with MAF conversion and ECU reprogramming.

Level 2
                    -Non intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with ECU programming at 8PSI.

Level 3
                    -Intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with ECU programming and larger injectors. 12PSI
                    -1 3/8 Stainless steel headers.
                    -Stainless steel cat back exhaust.

Level 4
                    -M20 2.7 liter forced induction shortblock. 18+PSI
                    -M20 3.1 liter naturally aspirated shortblock.

Arranging our tuning program like this has allowed us to spread cost out for the customer and make sure that you can decide exactly how you want your vehicle to be. If there are any questions please let me know and I will check in on the forum reguarly now that things are back to normal here at the shop.

Greg Scrivner
                    SCRIVNER BMW Performance
                    Would it be possible to get the level 3 setup without the headers and exhaust? I'm very interested and would love to see some pics and pricing.

Thanks
                    Tom

Comment

Ok lets try and answer some more questions. Power output and prices will be announced when the system is fully complete and closer to release. No our systems wont work with the Dbilas ITB setub due to how our throttles are mounted. Yes you can get the level 3 supercharger setup without the exhaust equipment. The levels are actually tuning levels for the cars themselves. I will go ahead and edit the level setup so that its a little more detailed and clear as well as posting the levels on our site when it is complete. Also I will go ahead and post up our new contact information, and website so that its easier to get an idea of what we are working on. We look forward to everyones suggestions, concerns, and questions.

Greg Scrivner
                      SCRIVNER Performance

Comment

Hey Greg,

This is Frank...long time no talk..lol..did u get those emails/pm's I sent you?
                        -Frank
                        1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                        1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                        2001 525i

Comment

here or e30tech? nothing here
                          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                            here or e30tech? nothing here
                            oops i was talkin to the other Greg,mss318ti, lol...
                            -Frank
                            1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                            1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                            2001 525i

Comment

I'm watching this like a hawk. =o Not that I'd afford it right away or it would be a good idea either but I might have an application for this.

I have MegaSquirt for this "project" of mine that may eventually use this, and hypothetically if I go for it, that could be a little more difficult to start the tuning process rather than just swapping in a chip. It would be doable, but more complex (I do have wideband though for a start). Of course I'm not saying that MSEFI isn't already very user intense. IF I want to do this, instead of a chip would it be possible to disclose the curves, tables, timing, flow rates etc, or whatever may be relevant other than stock? Might as well ask right? :)

I would really want to keep my 'Squirt if I go with this later, especially considering it will be incorporated into my entirely new scratch built wiring loom. Waiting now just on updates, pics, stage pricing etc :)

Comment

I bought an ETA motor with the idea of building a 2.7. I would love to build this motor with the SC. I am very interested in your progress. Please keep us informed.
                                1997 Porsche Carrera "S" The Mistress
                                1988 BMW R100RS "Ultimate Airhead"
                                1987 325is Daily driver and tracktoy with a growing list of mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X