No announcement yet.

m20 supercharger kit on its way :18901motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere around $2000, we are going to do our best to keep it under and yes that should include the m62. There will be a core charge for the motor mount and the AC bracket.

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

So why did you land on the m62 vs the m90? Just interested.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The m90 is too long. The snout sticks out much further then the m60 and m62.

Comment

Looking forward to see it's mounted. Any chance you can show it mocked up on a engine on a stand?
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

And what if I have a shelf full of superchargers? Can I just buy the kit/no charger? And I am semi local..you guys have a showroom or garage?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              Looking forward to see it's mounted. Any chance you can show it mocked up on a engine on a stand?
              We certainly can put it on a stand. Probably after we dyno this kit. I don't know if we have a full m20 lying around at the moment.

Originally posted by superboosted View Post
              And what if I have a shelf full of superchargers? Can I just buy the kit/no charger? And I am semi local..you guys have a showroom or garage?
              You most certainly can buy it without the charger and at a reduced cost! We have a small garage at the moment but we would be more then happy to have you come down and look at the car, once its running we can take you out for a ride. It would be great so you can let the R3v community know if the kit is good or bad in person.

Comment

This Is crazy tempting. I'm interested in dyno results. Would running this on an eta be pointless?(for those eta guys out there, sc being based off crank) How about 2.7i? (Like me :) )

Comment

It would still give you're car and etas a bunch more power to work with. You could also change the pulley ratio to get it spinning faster a bit earlier. Tuning it would be your hurdle I think, but doable. Unless the kit has an ETA ready option.
                  Originally posted by Andy.B
                  Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                  1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yea I feel like the eta doesn't have the HP at the crank to really gain a ton from a sc kit. Hopefully my 2.7i would get some decent gains. In for dyno and more pics

Comment

No an ETA wouldn't be pointless at all. You might not see as much power but the power would be just as usable. Superchargers have the wonderful benefit of power all the way across the rev band. So even an ETA that has lower Revs would still be a whole bunch of fun.

Comment

Potentially interested in a kit at some point. I would definitely like to keep AC/PS.
                        1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

This has my interest, however I'm hesitant to drop cash on a kit that eliminates my power steering and a/c. My car is my daily and I'm not doing another summer of no a/c.
                          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Will be watching this

Comment

Also would like to keep p/s and a/c

Comment

Keeping power steer and AC is just not in the cards at the moment but it will be one of the first things we work on once the kit is launched. We run the current car without both, and yes summer is not the most fun without the AC, the PS is barely noticeable. Would you guys be more likely to buy if AC was available but not PS?

Comment

Working...
                                X