Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steveb68 View Post
    I'd prefer S/C over turbo.
    Said noone ever....I don't know one person that goes from turbo to a s/c....but look how many people switch to a turbo. Power/boost is addictive and the s/c just can't keep up

Have you ever drove a turbocharged car?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure steve said that, and at least several others. Myself included. I'm sure you love your turbo. I'd probably love it, too. But I just want the feeling of a larger motor, not a huge boost at high rpm.
      This is my opinion, and you don't see me crapping on turbo threads.
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm not crapping on this thread....what I want people to do is actually experience them both, then make up there mind. Just saying you'd like a S/C over a turbo without having any experience with both is crazy.

I commend the OP for this setup and design and if they can bring it to market cheaper than a turbo setup, by all means. There are A LOT of positives to running a S/C compared to turbo....the install itself, maintenance, feeler of a larger displacement motor, even the S/C whine. BUT, with a properly sized turbo, you also get the feelr of a larger displacement motor....
        1997 Artic Silver M3
        CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

I want to see pictures of the set up in the car already.

instagram : @whoismaxjulien

Comment

Originally posted by whoismaxjulien View Post
            I want to see pictures of the set up in the car already.

instagram : @whoismaxjulien
            http://instagram.com/p/iKpduAO2Kb/
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Syncro325is View Post
              Epic... Looks Awesome!

Price and lead time?

Have you spoken about your intensions for tuning yet?

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                Epic... Looks Awesome!

Price and lead time?

Have you spoken about your intensions for tuning yet?

Still working on cranking the price down for you guys. I had to make some adaptions to the main mount, so my jigs need to be rebuilt due to the change.

I'm personally afraid to hand people a tuned eprom chip and tell them to install the kit and they will be good. I know everyone has their own mods installed on their cars big or small and some motors are more worn than others. I would like to tell people to get the cars tuned on their own using stock motronic. Most dyno shops should be able to tune it fairly quickly and easily. All depending I may steal my moms bone stock e30, install the kit and take it to get dyno tuned so I can burn chips. But again, it wouldnt be right for everyones cars.
                sigpic

Comment

Is the charge pipe going to interfere with a late model coolant tank and ABS unit?
                  My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                  4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

ABS, No. Coolant tank, all depends on routing of piping. This kit will not come with intercooler piping, so it wont be routed like mine. Intercooler setup is a recommended upgrade though. For testing/dyno of the kit, there will be no intercooler, but once I'm done testing I will be cranking my boost back up and will have the intercooler setup back on.

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                    Is the charge pipe going to interfere with a late model coolant tank and ABS unit?
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the clarification, looking forward to the project development.
                      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Glad you guys are finally getting this on the market. I've been in Adam's car and I'm pretty impressed. The sound and feel of power right off idle is really addictive. A properly setup turbo car is a lot of fun but IMO, this is a ton of fun without too much hassle.

Do you think you'll be offering a kit including injectors etc @ some point? I'm currently running my M20 w/ a Schrick 284/272 cam, 17# injectors and stock (I'm planning to switch to MS in the near future) ecu. Any thoughts how the s/c setup would play with my current mods?
                          09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                          05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                          87 BMW 325is
                          a few bicycles

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                            Said noone ever....I don't know one person that goes from turbo to a s/c....but look how many people switch to a turbo. Power/boost is addictive and the s/c just can't keep up

My DD is a turbo car w/ tune and some minor bolt-ons (stock small turbo). I've put 129K on it in 7 years. I'm pretty familiar with it.

I've had enough of the lag and non-linearity. I'm ready for some positive-displacement boost. If these guys complete a pnp kit that retains accessories, they'll have a market.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post

I know I'm rather new to the E30 circle, but I've looked at both. If this kit comes into life, then I'll probably find the money, buy it, and then set it aside for when I'm finished converting my 325is to a 5spd and reinforcing the engine (I want to run high boost). I know that you can properly size a turbo and really get some proper performance gains, but correct me if I'm wrong, even with a proper cam setting and tune, it's probably gonna be hard to build the kind of boost the high boost setting of this setup does per 1kRPM without having a massive turbo with massive lag, no? Not saying that it couldn't be done, just saying that it would be a turbo setup with a lot more $$$ involved to pull it off.

Comment

Really excited for this guys. I will defiantly put some thought into this setup

Comment

Working...
                                X