Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric gear driven oil pump for turbo oiling post shut down instead of turbo timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
    Hm. My thing is that I have doubts that an overfilled pan is such a big deal... as long as the engine is shut off. Sure, for the first 20 seconds or so the crank counterweights might dip in oil a bit but after that, the excess would be in the sump. I guess I could be wrong, but I don't think that it'd hurt anything too bad.
    As far as damaging the motor it is not a huge deal. When the crank is swimming in oil the motor has to work harder (picture running underwater as opposed to running out of water). So you may see it struggle to start but as soon as the pump starts pumping the oil level should drop and the Accusump/Turbo Oiler will take it's oil and you should be good.

Comment

That's what I figured. I know your engineers probably figured out that most turbo systems only need a quart of oil for lubrication/cooldown, but I'm a paranoid dude and would rather have three quarts running through. Sure, the oil changes would be more expensive, but oil is pretty cheap compared to a nice turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X