Cx Racing kit pipe routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cx Racing kit pipe routing

Bought a used kit, for the hassle, I'm starting to think I should have bought a brand new kit, but at least this included gauges. The piping looks right to me, can't see how it would work any other way, but the intercooler doesn't sit flush with the front of the cylinder head and the couplers don't seem to fit exactly right. Can anyone running this kit confirm this is the correct layout?

Anyone have the installation guide for this kit?
    AWD > RWD

That piping seems unnecessarily long imo, I built my own and routed it under the headlights.

I don't have any experience with that setup though
    2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Don't have the same kit, but routed mine under headlights as well
      1997 Artic Silver M3
      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

That's the right lay out I have that kit install like that, the other way is better less pipes and not need to open holes on the car

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
          That piping seems unnecessarily long imo, I built my own and routed it under the headlights.
          do you have any finished shots? It seems like it would hey in the way of the high beams.

Thanks pventor.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

No interference with the headlights, but you do need to cut up the front valence a bit to get it to fit back on. It sits nicely behind the kidneys though for a "sleeperish" look. If you know what to look for you can tell its turbo'd but from a distance it looks virtually stock.

Last edited by cleanasse30; 09-09-2015, 08:43 AM.

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

+1 for the "under headlights" routing. I did trim bits of my US ellip housings for extra clearance, but I didn't try to fit it before I trimmed.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
                No interference with the headlights, but you do need to cut up the front valence a bit to get it to fit back on. It sits nicely behind the kidneys though for a "sleeperish" look. If you know what to look for you can tell its turbo'd but from a distance it looks virtually stock.

What size intercooler is that? Looks right at home... :)

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
                  What size intercooler is that? Looks right at home... :)
                  Front Mount Intercooler 28"x9"x2.75"

It fits nicely between the 2 bumper supports. So far I'm really happy with this setup, throttle response is very quick.

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Working...
                  X