Interest in M20 bottom mount manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    i would just get this because it's super sneaky paint it dark brown. "What turbo?" :D
    Heat rises, naturally. Not sold on heat management seeing a glowing red turbine housing is now moved from near the hood, down to the passenger feet. Please don't take that in a wrong way silnc, this is constructive criticism, your fabrication is on point. Generally, the e36 crowd used bottom mount to battle fitment and amenities such as A/C in the e36 chassis, but the e30 has so much room for fun - even keeping said amenities.

In for results. As long as the exhaust:intake ratio is where it needs to be, this setup will make power - I am more curious behind the reason of moving things South of the Border in an e30 chassis. If moving the turbo down low causes a 1:1 charge/back pressure ratio, things are moving in the right direction as whole. Leaving the turbo up above the head makes for funky waste gate situations (aka boost creep).
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Heat rises, naturally. Not sold on heat management seeing a glowing red turbine housing is now moved from near the hood, down to the passenger feet. Please don't take that in a wrong way silnc, this is constructive criticism, your fabrication is on point. Generally, the e36 crowd used bottom mount to battle fitment and amenities such as A/C in the e36 chassis, but the e30 has so much room for fun - even keeping said amenities. In for results. As long as the exhaust:intake ratio is where it needs to be, this setup will make power - I am more curious behind the reason of moving things South of the Border in an e30 chassis. If moving the turbo down low causes a 1:1 charge/back pressure ratio, things are moving in the right direction as whole. Leaving the turbo up above the head makes for funky waste gate situations (aka boost creep).
      In all fairness most cars exhaust isn't designed to go up high, the car we originally got the idea from this had a top mount with a turbo blanket and caught on fire... It was doing donuts for about 5 mins straight but still. Also the turbine sits about 6" + away from the firewall. It's to early to know about pressures but we'll see. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Video of first startup on ms2http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9ccb78..._104209244.mp4 Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Daaaang I wish I would of snooped around the ol r3v I just pre ordered the kangaroo mani
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X