M20B27 Forced Induction Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B27 Forced Induction Injectors

Hey guys I am in need of larger injectors for my 1986 325. I recently did a turbo kit on my car running 8psi and I am unable to find upgraded injectors for my car. What other injectors work in a M20? looking for maybe 36lbs injectors. Thanks!

Bosch EV-14 long body injectors are direct drop in (at least on my 1989 M20B25). I got mine from fiveomotorsports because they were able to provide flow matching to 1%. It looks like the injectors I was running are no longer linked on their website (prob just due to moving the product pages around), but if you reach out to them by email, I found them to be pretty helpful. I know a lot of guys run Ford injectors since I think they ran EV-14s stock, but getting a random set of OE injectors won't guarantee that they're flow balanced. Prob not an issue if you're not worried about maximizing how much power you make and can just run a bit rich to compensate. Personally I was too sketched out by injector variability not to have a data sheet showing that they'd been flow matched.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm in a similar situation to DBaker, so I figured I would just tack onto this post rather then make a new thread.

I'm collecting parts to turbo my 1985 "327i." I was told by a guy that has done numerous turbo m20's, that the Injector Dynamics ID1050X 14MM purple top hats work really well. Can anyone confirm if they will fit?

Comment

what ECU are you using? i know there is a difference between high impedance and low impedance but cant remember which way compatibility works and doesn't work
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin View Post
          Hey guys, I'm in a similar situation to DBaker, so I figured I would just tack onto this post rather then make a new thread.

I'm collecting parts to turbo my 1985 "327i." I was told by a guy that has done numerous turbo m20's, that the Injector Dynamics ID1050X 14MM purple top hats work really well. Can anyone confirm if they will fit?
          ID has the CAD drawings available for all their 1050's - and there are a few variations - if you are running stock fuel rail just quickly measure the stock injector length.

I have them with a nuke rail and they fit fine (I mean, the giant nuke rail doesn't really fit fine in the stock manifold, but the injectors are fine).

Comment

Working...
          X