Mystery Firewall Plug Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Firewall Plug Wire

I have an automatic 84 318i with a m10 motor and I can’t figure out where this blue and brown/red wire goes. Anybody know what it plugs into?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 808ETA; 08-31-2023, 10:42 PM.
    sigpic84 325e

So a few people from the m10 Facebook group say they have the same plug and it's not plugged into anything. The mystery continues.
    sigpic84 325e

Comment

That looks like the idle control valve connector found on 318i and 325e cars. I want to say it's an extra that's unused if your ICV is plugged in already. It's been a long time since I've had an ETA.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        That looks like the idle control valve connector found on 318i and 325e cars. I want to say it's an extra that's unused if your ICV is plugged in already. It's been a long time since I've had an ETA.
        Thank you. Yes the ICV is plugged in and this wire is too short to reach the ICV.
        sigpic84 325e

Comment

If you dig into the E30 harness in the engine bay you will find a few redundant connectors to cover the different engine configurations. This is probably the case here.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I have an '84 as well. If your ICV is plugged in, the only other spot I could find would be the electric valve that mounts on the HVAC blower cover, next to the ignition control module. It has a vacuum line that connects to the distributor.

Comment

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have a 1985 318i with an M10 engine. My car has the same redundant unused connector.

Comment

Working...
                X