My M10 Turbo (warning to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M10 Turbo (warning to 56k)

thats pretty much it as of now...but i have the stainless header mocked up and ready to weld, and the front cover is on the engine

Mr Deagle

hi man, and what about ignition management? how did u set it up?
    and please can u list all the additional parts u used in this project?

Comment

Extremely nice work on your exhaust headers. Good job.

Comment

For engine management, i am using an EFI Euro 96. Stock stuff is out the window. Im running wasted spark with a bosch coil pack. Inside the engine is a stock S14 2.3 crank, s14 rods and mahle pistons out of the GT40. Schrick 304 cam, stock valves and seats. ARP head and main studs. Final displacement is 2.15 liters.

Comment

I seriously wanted those wheels for the longest time and couldn't find any. :P

Not for the BMW of course, i had a Honda hatchback i wanted to throw them on for giggles.

Comment

WOW...that manifold will flow REALLY well. What size is that turbo? It looks ike a butt plug for how much that motor is going to flow.
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

how much for the rims?

Comment

I like the header design. Keep us updated.

Comment

that turbo is just for mock up purposes, the real one is going to have a stage 5 exhaust housing, i really have no idea what the compressor side is going to be

any u guys cant possibly want those rims

oh and im not going to be using a late 80's snail for a turbo....modern garret stuff for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
                    For engine management, i am using an EFI Euro 96. Stock stuff is out the window. Im running wasted spark with a bosch coil pack. Inside the engine is a stock S14 2.3 crank, s14 rods and mahle pistons out of the GT40. Schrick 304 cam, stock valves and seats. ARP head and main studs. Final displacement is 2.15 liters.
                    I'm too lazy to calculate the bore, so tell me.

s14b23 crank has 84mm stroke?

I used custom 86mm crank and 92mm mahle pistons, but I have serious problems with cracking blocks.

I'm planing to use 90,5mm bore on my next engine, but stroke/bore ratio will not allow high rpms.

EDIT: I ran stock m10 rods.
                    Last edited by Rocla; 12-01-2006, 04:13 PM. Reason: Visible
                    Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                    BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                    BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                    BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

my pistons are 90.2 or something like that, i know its just over 90 mm

Comment

Nice and clean lookin, I like the low mount setup. Will the oil drain without a pump?
                        Glad to see more people turbo the M10. What are your plans for the intake?
                        Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

a

The intake will be ethier sheet aluminum/billet, or all billet...the turbo is going to have to drain into a catch can, then a porsche 930 scavenge pump driven off of the power steering pulley

also, there is going to be a wastegate, a porsche 930 unit, i need to get some pics up of the header in stainless

Comment

Nice work!!

Please explain this - " used custom 86mm crank and 92mm mahle pistons, but I have serious problems with cracking blocks."
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

the m10 block cant accept M3 sized pistons, unless you get a good block, im assuming that that is the problem, we will have to wait for what he has to say

Comment

Working...
                              X