Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 BMW 318i stalled other night and won't restart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 BMW 318i stalled other night and won't restart!

I was sitting at a traffic light the other night and my 84 bmw 318i stalled and I haven't been able to restart it since. It was raining as well not sure if that contributed to it or not. I have changed out the ECU, aiflow meter, fuel pump relay, vacuum advance relay. I did remove a spark plug and I am definitely getting spark. Also when I jump the fuel pumps I am getting good fuel pressure. If I remove the fuel pump relay I can start the car and it will run for a few seconds, found this out by accident. I have 4 fuel pump relays I have tried all of them, I know they are good. Any help greatly appreciated!

No idea if the M10 is the same as other E30 engines, but generally those other systems only adds fuel when a crank or cam sensor sees engine rotation. So I'd look to that.

Comment

yeah- checking fuel pressure while cranking rules out many things.

Then you can start troubleshooting from there. Could be something as simple as the wiring from the ECU to the relay...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Make sure the temperature sensor for the FI is good. The 1984 318i will not run if it is not good.

Comment

I think it turned out the fuel pump was bad and it destroyed my newer spark plugs. After replacing the fuel pump and everything else the only thing that got the car running again was replacing the spark plugs!

Comment

Working...
          X