Dinan Short Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinan Short Shifter

Has anyone installed the Dinan Short Shifter in their E30? The short shift that was installed by the previous owner is terrible. The shifts are actually too short. Its very difficult to get into gear, especially reverse and 2nd. Anyway, I want to replace it with something better. I don't really care too much about super fast shifts, but I'd like something that shifts smoothly.

e36m3 shift lever is my favorite.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Lippy View Post
      Has anyone installed the Dinan Short Shifter in their E30? The short shift that was installed by the previous owner is terrible. The shifts are actually too short. Its very difficult to get into gear, especially reverse and 2nd. Anyway, I want to replace it with something better. I don't really care too much about super fast shifts, but I'd like something that shifts smoothly.
      I haven't tried the Dinan shifter, but in my m20 g260 car I've tried a few levers like the z3 1.9 and e36 328/m3 and eventually went back to the stock shift lever since the other levers were too notchy for my preference. The biggest improvement came from rebuilding the shift linkage with solid carrier bushings, new selector joint, and an AKG dssr. The throws are longer, but smooth enough and worked perfectly fine when I would autocross the car as well. Fresh gear oil also helps!

Comment

I actually did flush the trans and replaced it with Redline MTL. It helped a little, but something definitely has to be done with this shifter.
        I'd definitely consider putting a stock one in.

Comment

I use Garagistics Chassis Mounted shifter. But they also have shifter that works with the oem stuff. For me this was the best bang for my buck setup.

GARAGISTIC OEM SUPREME SHORT SHIFTER Product Description: We introduced the Solid Chassis Mounted Shifter to the community to provide an affordable race shifter that is simple to install and completely reversible. However, due to the solid mounted design, stiffer polyurethane and solid engine and transmission bushings

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Working...
          X