Timeframe for tune-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeframe for tune-up?

I did a full tune up plugs, wires, cap, etc about 4 years/ 8k miles ago. The car was sitting outside in the northeast the entire time. Should I replace anything? The engine has a vibration at idle and when going over 2500 rpms. Wasn't sure if it was the plugs or the motor mounts.

Cap, rotor and plugs for sure as they corrode just sitting in the elements. Take a look at the cooling hoses, fuel hoses and belts. They will also deteriorate with age. The gas is also probably bad causing the poor engine performance.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

I just ordered a new set of NGK plugs, ignition rotor, wireset, distributor cap, and ignition coil. Hopefully an overhaul will fix the issue. They are Duralast brand so hopefully that doesn't cause an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartacus View Post
        I just ordered a new set of NGK plugs, ignition rotor, wireset, distributor cap, and ignition coil. Hopefully an overhaul will fix the issue. They are Duralast brand so hopefully that doesn't cause an issue.
        Sometimes with duralast if you look at the label on the part it will be name brand and the box just says Duralast. But usually for parts I stick to name brand or tried true brands. But anything is better than corroded parts.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Thanks and you’re right. I canceled the order and went all Bosch.

Comment

Working...
          X