Bmw 1988 325i won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw 1988 325i won’t start

Wassup y’all so I have a problem with my 325i. I recently swap out the old fuel tank with a new one due to rust. I redone the fuel lines and made sure to hook every hose right. So i have a new fuel pump along with new sending units but when I try to start up my car it won’t even start. When I put it to the 2 position should I hear the fuel pump kick in or no?. I do have spark but idk at this point I’m stuck asf 🤦🏽‍♂️😭

There is a lot of write ups about no starts in this forum if you search. A lot info in here.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

I believe this is true for all MY's - the fuel pump(s) should only come on with the ignition in the START or RUN positions.
      The Bentley manual shows you where you can run a jumper and listen for the fuel pump and/or check for fuel flow, a long with numerous other checks.

Electrical Diagrams: https://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30/

Comment

The pump should actuate when you crank the car.

Comment

Remove your input fuel hose at the fuel rail (remove clamp and pull hose) its near the top of the intake manifold -passenger side. Put a plastic cup or something to catch fuel below the fuel line- Pull your Fuel Pump Relay and look at the bottom of it. There will be markings with numbers. Find pin 30 and 87. Then correlate those pins with where they are in the fuel pump relay receptacle. Turn the ignition key to the On position -its two clicks and not the start position. Then place a standard jumper wire across the places where pins 30 and 87 of the fuel pump relay seat in the receptacle.

Fuel should begin flowing from the hose removed from the fuel rail into the cup immediately. What this does is bridge the fuel pump relay. Now an interesting thing is that on my M20B25 the fuel pump relay is actually the right most relay of the 3 as usually its the center one. So be aware that these can be swapped from the middle to the right. Main relay is always the left most relay and its typically white in color and not yellow like the other 2 relays. Hope this is helpful!

Comment

Working...
          X