325i cold idle routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i cold idle routine

Quick question on the idle profile for a 325i on a cold start. My engine starts ( now) and revs to 1300 and drops to 750 in about 4 or 5 seconds. I don’t have a stock 325i to compare it too. It doesn’t behave like a “ modern” car or my 86 2.9l running M30B30 base software on a custom tune, where high cold idle is maintained and the drop to final idle can be minutes.

Originally posted by PEZ2 View Post
    Quick question on the idle profile for a 325i on a cold start. My engine starts ( now) and revs to 1300 and drops to 750 in about 4 or 5 seconds. I don’t have a stock 325i to compare it too. It doesn’t behave like a “ modern” car or my 86 2.9l running M30B30 base software on a custom tune, where high cold idle is maintained and the drop to final idle can be minutes.
    smoke the car and fix any vacuum leaks. higher idle when cold is almost always a vacuum leak or two. it's common for things like intake gaskets to begin failing at this point causing small leaks as well.

Comment

Ok I will take it as a no, e30s do not have a “software” controlled high cold idle.

Comment

Working...
      X