Mystery Engine Bay Bracket Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Engine Bay Bracket Adventure

Keeping it succinct: Can't find this ONE plug support's mounting spot, I forgot to take a picture of its origin location. Definitely comes from driver's side of engine under/near intake. It's not part 13411708832 and does not support the ICV, that's still in place where it should be. This one appears to be for a 2 pole or 3 pole Bosch connector plug, but I can't for the life of me tell WHICH. Dug through engine electrical diagram, cable fixing diagram, wiring harness diagrams, intake diagrams etc etc etc with no luck, couldn't find one with the correct combination of 3 bends and the bosch connector shaped hole. You'd think it mounted to that tab with a hole for a bolt on the airbox visible just under the AFM housing but when I tried that it didn't align with any plugs despite trying several orientations, so I have no clue where it specifically goes and it's driving me nuts. Anybody see this one before? All my googling hasn't gotten me any clear "aha"s and it's driving me mildly insane (and making me feel like a complete moron).

. Click image for larger version  Name:	esUh5ow.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	10119025
    i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn

stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart

Oil level sensor plug bracket. Mounts under the lower right power steering bracket bolt.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      Oil level sensor plug bracket. Mounts under the lower right power steering bracket bolt.
      Thank you kindly, I knew it was from SOMEWHERE that side of the engine and was just going nuts trying to find it in the ETK/diagrams - I must have dismounted it when I was replacing my PS/alternator mount bracket. I don't see it in the diagrams for the main support bracket under the PS or alternator parts diagrams and it appears to be part of the level sender P/N despite not being shown in the diagrams so that explains why I couldn't find the dang thing. Do you happen to have a picture of it in-situ, i.e. does it mount on the PS bracket with that bolt you mentioned keeping it in place, or to the block or pan near that spot on the bracket?
      i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn

stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart

Comment

Working...
      X