M20 885 valve guide suppliers/sizes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 14thirty
    Noobie
    • Jul 2021
    • 35

    #1

    M20 885 valve guide suppliers/sizes

    The company that is meant to be working on my 885 head say they can't find replacement valve guides.

    I see they are no longer available from BMW.

    Bimmerheads do them https://bimmerheads.com/products/m20-st-guides with 13.25 mm OD.

    VAC do them https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...m20-p1659.aspx with a choice of sizes.

    ECStuning seem to do two sizes https://www.ecstuning.com/b-canyon-e...121267676~cae/

    Where do you usually get guides from, and how can Bimmerheads only sell one size? Which is 0.25mm oversize going by RealOEM https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_4377
  • digger
    R3V OG
    • Nov 2005
    • 6183

    #2
    tbh i leave this upto the M/C shop
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

    new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

    Comment

    • 14thirty
      Noobie
      • Jul 2021
      • 35

      #3
      Yeah that's what I wanted to do, but they've been sat on this for months with no progress.

      Comment

      • TobyB
        R3V Elite
        • Oct 2011
        • 5286

        #4
        It's weird what your brain retains- "Canyon" brand, probably from Asia,
        have worked in past for me.
        Rockauto?
        oh- I see they only have ITM (certainly China, possibly fine) now.

        If you get the first oversize, the head can be reamed to fit.

        Like Digger, the ONLY times I've messed with this is on el cheapo home shop rebuilds
        where it's more fun to do it myself and 'save'- for anything serious, the machine shop
        has far better resources than I do.

        t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

        Comment

        Working...