Where's the torque??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    I got BPR6ES (one heat range colder) at napa for $2 a peice over the counter, so they should have them in stock almost everywhere.

Bosch plugs are OK but I made the switch and I don't think I'll be going back. :)

Ok I'll look for those and try them out. What difference would it make or would I feel (if any) by swapping out just the plugs? Or is it a matter of prolonging engine life?

Comment

platinum plugs don't seem to work well in older BMW engines. Platinum is great marketing tool (along with all the other BS, like split fire, multiple tips, etc. etc.) and they're meant to be less maintenance intensive, but I've never found any real benefits. In fact they've typically made the engines I've tried them in run worse, and they cost a lot more to boot.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ah ok. i'll definitely swap them out. thanks for the information. so ill be swapping out the plugs and checking the tps. bently manual here i come

Comment

or, use standard Bosch copper/ytrium plugs

the stocking number is 7909, they are $2.29/ea at Advance Auto
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

great. thanks for the info i will check out kragens/autozone later today

Comment

Working...
            X