valve adjust & new plugs story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve adjust & new plugs story

Just replaced the previous owners platinum plugs with BOSCH 7909 (WR8LC) plugs and set the valve clearances to the spec'd values (previous owners tech set them wayyyy to tight) and all I can say is WOW! Car idles rock solid now, no stumbling. Feels like I just gained 20 hp. Amaizing what a valve adjust ant the right plugs can do. Also new rocker plugs and valve gasket from pellican. No more leaky valve cover and the car runs much better. Best 40 bucks I've ever spent! :mrgreen:
    [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

But dude PLATINUM multiple-tipped gold plated v-grove split fire plugs are gauranteed to gain you at least 5whp per plug!

:p
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      But dude PLATINUM multiple-tipped gold plated v-grove split fire plugs are gauranteed to gain you at least 5whp per plug!

:p
      lulz
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

the funny thing was KRAGEN wanted only 3 bucks a plug for the platinums and the coppers were $6 and special order 10 day wait!!! pellican had 'em for like 2.50 or something had 'em in 2 days...

Comment

Huh... I've never bought platinum plugs but I think they're around $5-8 each. Pretty much any copper plug cost about $1.50 around here.

Comment

"The 4 ground straps takes up more room then an inferior single, thus,
            a more powerful, higher compression ratio" j/k

What the hell is the point to those thing? I guess for the spark to travel to the
            least resistant strap, but how the hell does it effect the performance in a realistic way?

Somebody must of said "hey, this is a great idea". Can't just be some slick snake oil BS make more money type of thing huh? Perhaps it's because of the platinum itself? or because the nature of the higher miles you can put on it so the grounds will get more covered with garbage. Yes, I'm sure it's because of the ultra mileage you can put on platinum you need more straps or it'll have a harder time jumping one cruded up ground???

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

NGKs are available over the counter for like $2 each. ;)

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              "The 4 ground straps takes up more room then an inferior single, thus,
              a more powerful, higher compression ratio" j/k

What the hell is the point to those thing? I guess for the spark to travel to the
              least resistant strap, but how the hell does it effect the performance in a realistic way?

Somebody must of said "hey, this is a great idea". Can't just be some slick snake oil BS make more money type of thing huh? Perhaps it's because of the platinum itself? or because the nature of the higher miles you can put on it so the grounds will get more covered with garbage. Yes, I'm sure it's because of the ultra mileage you can put on platinum you need more straps or it'll have a harder time jumping one cruded up ground???

Just thinking out loud.
              huh?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Double HUH?

I am wondering what plugs are best for the eta 2.7...

What part number is better then WR8LC or is WR-9-LS the best to run in a regular eta?

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Bosch WR-9-LS
                  http://www.kingofeurope.net/2010/

Comment

whoa wtf

edit:
                    Last edited by Sagaris; 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

How was you motor during a cold start? Did it have to be cranked long and idled like junk?
                      1989 E30 BMW 325i
                      1998 E36 BMW M3
                      2004 E46 BMW 325i

Comment

it started fine but yes it did idle pretty lumpy before

Comment

Bosch Supers ftw.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                          X