No announcement yet.

Which is faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what combination did Alpina use to make their 2.7 so bad ass? Or did they use a different engine all together?

Comment

they used high compression, extensive headwork, a well tuned cam, and tuned exhaust - as in, tuned to work with the cam/intake. That can make a huge difference by itself.

Basically they had the money to spend time on a dyno to come up with a combo that worked very well, instead of choosing random parts and hoping it works out.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't see what's wrong with stopping a dyno at redline.

;)

No seriously, I own an eta now. Nando we may be talking again in the reasonably distant future.

Comment

Does anyone know what components Alpina used to make it work, seems like they had it figured out. Or is it a big mystery to the world?

Maybe its not possible to replicate what they did even if you know what parts they used.

Comment

All I know that alpinas pistons were completely flat top,(flatter then eta pistons.The valve cut ins wer like the i pistons though.Compression ration was higher then ever and f course their headers ,computer, cam were alpina too.
            Those items are ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by I got it, yes!! View Post
              Damn, now I need to get my combo dynoed. m20b27 bottom end, 731 head with 325i cam and valve springs, 325i intake and TB. E electronics with custom mark d chip made for this combo.
              i have basically the same setup in my car. im curious about the power but not curious enough to pay even 50 dollars for a dyno run haha. post it up if you ever dyno yours.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                Putting an i head on an eta does not make it a stroker.
                This can't be can't be emphasized enough, thats like taking a Chevy 327 block adding a 350 crank and calling it a stroker...it is a Chevy 350 not a 327 stroker...

Adding a crank (longer of coarse) that wasn't offered for that block is a stroker.
                My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
                X