Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you with oil temp and pressure gauges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Well, not "proven" - but that's been a few people experience.

I've never heard this - I'll look into it - my guess is that it's flat wrong. But for the time being, I wouldn't trust a single thing anyone at DDM told you. They are a bunch of idiots.

Hmmmm OK. 2 identical sensors installed in different locations on the same engine reading about 10 degrees different is enough proof for me. I couldn't find any information about the pressure senders having to be 45 degrees of vertical but I thought I'd mention it. Jim Powell didn't tell me anything but he can verify this since I know he's experienced the same issues with VDO's on his E36 well before DDM was around. He mentions it in one of his write ups.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'll say it again, you can toss out the window anything anyone from DDm tells you.

And unless you install a sensor into both the pan and then filter/head at the same time and take readings and data log them, it's not "proven" - it's what someone experienced. I'm not saying it's not the case...it's just not very exact now is it?
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        I'll say it again, you can toss out the window anything anyone from DDm tells you.

And unless you install a sensor into both the pan and then filter/head at the same time and take readings and data log them, it's not "proven" - it's what someone experienced. I'm not saying it's not the case...it's just not very exact now is it?
        I don't see the difference between what I'm saying and what you're saying. I have both identical sensors installed, same wiring and same gauge. The difference is the location of the reading and sensor on the block reads about 10-15 degrees hotter than the one in the pan when I switch the wiring between the two which might I add correlates with the oil thermostat I installed. There's no need to datalog oil temperature. It's clear, one reading is where it should be and the other is way off.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

To bring an old thread back to life.

I put oil temp and press gauges in my jetta this past weekend. I used one of the sandwich adapters. Only issue I had with it was that it didn't ground the senders good enough, maybe its due to the anodizing. Either way I put eye connectors below the senders (not in the pic) and properly grounded them.

My oil runs around 210. I've seen it go as high as 230 when I had it floored going up a steep hill.
          ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
          Originally posted by blunttech
          I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
          Build Thread?

Comment

Working...
          X