What oil do YOU use?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • urbancynic
    replied
    I used Castrol GTX 20w50

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    mobil 1 15w50

    Leave a comment:


  • jlevie
    replied
    My first choice is Brad Penn 20w50 and my second choice is Valvolene VR-1 20w50. If I lived in a more northern climate I'd switch to a 10w30 or a 15w40 during the coldest months of the year when temps will be consistently below freezing. But here in the south 20w50 year round works.

    I use those oils for their higher ZDDP content, which reduces wear on the internals of the engine. There is no reason to run synthetic in an M20 engine since the oil and filter changes need to remain at or below the original recommendations. Contamination of the oil occurs long before the oil's lubricating properties are exhausted on these engines.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    Brad Penn 20/50 semi for race/track cars
    Brad Penn 20/50 conventional for street cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    20w50 is the BMW recommended weight for the M20 engine, period.

    I run Valvoline VR1 in the turbo car and Cheapo anything in the S50. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Cronopoulos
    replied
    Rotella here as well, great stuff!

    Leave a comment:


  • 85e325
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Rotella diesel oil 20w50 in our M20 track car. Or Mobil 1 when it's free.
    No kidding, up here 20w50 mobil 1 is near $13 a quart!!

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Rotella diesel oil 20w50 in our M20 track car. Or Mobil 1 when it's free.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kvasi
    replied
    Castrol Magnatec 5-40

    Leave a comment:


  • DrLeadFoot
    replied
    I used Brad Penn 20W-50 in my S14.

    Leave a comment:


  • 85e325
    started a topic What oil do YOU use?

    What oil do YOU use?

    I've talked to a lot of e30 owners and they have all said that they use different oils, some 20w50, 15w40, 10w30 and even 5w30.

    What do YOU guys use? What brand do you prefer? Conventional or Synthetic?

    I'll start...

    20w50 Castrol Synthetic Blend
Working...