What oil do YOU use?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    GTX crap turns black in a month
    please don't tell me you check your oil life based on the color.

    Leave a comment:


  • 603Racing
    replied
    **edited to correct Rotella weight** 5Toes caught my sleep deprived error.



    I use Brad Penn 20/50 in my '83 635 Euro race car. I have a jug of Rotella 15/40 for my e30. I may just start using Brad Penn for it after the Rotella is gone.

    Good article on Engine Oil for older motors:
    Learn why using the right motor oil is critical to preventing catastrophic engine failure in your classic car or performance engine.
    Last edited by 603Racing; 11-30-2011, 08:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkiFree
    replied
    An easy to understand write up on ZDDP I came across over the weekend. A good read for those unfamiliar ....

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    but hey, does anyone else at least use that thermometer thats in the drivers handbook?
    considering that thermometer was based on 1980's oil technology - no.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by 85e325
    No kidding, up here 20w50 mobil 1 is near $13 a quart!!
    dude, have you ever been to walmart? 5 quarts of 15w50 is only $24. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Fleksta
    replied
    Usually Liqui Moly 10w40, Rotella otherwise.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Rotella here, and people call me crazy...

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    I run this in my E36:

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Penzoil, are you serious? I wouldn't run that in ANYTHING.

    Leave a comment:


  • ROLLingKING
    replied
    So i got back in town and double checked. im running

    Penzoil High Milage 10w40. Penzoil is good enough for me.

    Ill probably stick with this weight till spring/summer

    but hey, does anyone else at least use that thermometer thats in the drivers handbook?

    Leave a comment:


  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    For non synthetic vr1 takes it well and it's cheap.

    GTX crap turns black in a month probably not cam friendly either.

    Leave a comment:


  • long tall eta
    replied
    kendall 15/40 year round. thick enough for the summer and thin enough for the winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • sweet6e30
    replied
    gulf 10w60 racing, motul 300v 15w50, or mobil 1 15w50 all SYN's

    I run these in my M20 and SR

    all are great oils, ive heard great things about the Rotella aswell

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    I run Valvoline VR1 in my S14's and I use Shell Rotella in S5X engines.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bearmw
    replied
    What's the deal with the high mileage versions? I guess they have chemicals that magicaly breakdown the seal material and cause it to swell somehow slowing leaks. What else are they purported to do and how? Anyone know how this actually works and if these are used long term will they actually cause the seal material to breakdown any faster than it already has? The high mileage name sounds enticing for obvious reasons but what is the actual science behind the marketing?

    Leave a comment:

Working...