272 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

272 cam

does any one have any experience them? im looking to get one but was hoping some one could tell me the pros and cons. thanks guys

Its been covered! Search here or E30 tech!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Why would you be looking to.get one when you have no idea what it even does? I swear I see more people every day that just start throwing parts at their car because they saw someone online has one.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
      HSAX Instructor

Comment

im running one on my stroker. make sure you have an adjustable cam gear a chip and better injectors , don just slap one on there. car will feel DEtuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Anguz View Post
          im running one on my stroker. make sure you have an adjustable cam gear a chip and better injectors , don just slap one on there. car will feel DEtuned.
          you DO NOT need an adjustable cam gear.....on a hotter cam then MAYBE...this depends on the condition of the block, head, and spacing between the valves and pistons...a 272 will not need an adjustable cam gear

injectors and a chip will definitely liven things up but you shouldn't run a cam too hard without a proper tune to go with it.....tune is way better

a few of the big guys on r3v, some who do machine work and build their own heads swear by the 274 or bust on NA motors....anything more and its considered unnecessary in their own words

Comment

Unfortunately the 885 head doesn't flow nearly as well as a hotter cam would like it to, the gains will be minimal.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Akorcovelos cool story gtfo. Thanks everyone else. I already have an maf and chip upgrade bigger injectors and headers on my dd. If anyone knows Does it have a different feel when it idles compared to stock?

Comment

oh fuck yessssss

Comment

it gets lumpier. the ignition pulses will seem slower. and it could have a slightly more eratic feel to it. but its all normal.

Comment

I cammed my eta, with a b25 cam :D

Comment

-______-

Comment

Yikes! But still want the cam. Do u guys know who has em in stock?

Comment

search button.

search button.

search button.

check the parts for sale section....you probably haven't because someone is always selling something

Comment

Also dont forget. Something like a cam needs extensive supporting mods for the engine to run well. I got some 19# injectors ready to go for you!
                            CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                            For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Originally posted by e30leigh View Post
                              it gets lumpier. the ignition pulses will seem slower. and it could have a slightly more eratic feel to it. but its all normal.
                              Basically what he said, but only ever so slightly. A Schrick 274* is a very mild cam.

There are so many aspects that come into play when choosing a camshaft. You have to take into account the amount of lift, duration, overlap, ect. all to suit the your engine combination and application its gonna be used. I'm no expert nor are many of the members on this forum. Your gonna have to read more into camshafts to understand what these number mean. I've only read into it a little.
                              If it were my engine I'd get a Schrick 284/272 dual pattern camshaft instead. Poorer flowing heads need more valve lift to allow more room for the fuel and air to come through, only to a level where you heads stops flowing cfm at x amount of lift. This camshaft still isn't radical but nice for a street car and it will go good with all the supporting mods you have already done to your car. But it would be better if you had more compression. So don't expect some serious gains.

Comment

Working...
                              X