No announcement yet.

random no power to ecu with MSII??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so after much frustration, i finally was able to get the issue to duplicate itself.

it ends up that both my main relays (one that was removed to install the harness with the MSII and one that came with it that was relative new) were intermittantly malfunctioning.

i bought a new one and installed it....bam! fixed

in talking to a friend who is an electrical engineer, what most likely happened was with the dying ignition being replaced, it gave full voltage to the relay like i was supposed to have and killed it.

on a side not, my lazy idle control motor has fixed itself now.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Glad you got it going, hopefully it's not still a intermittent thing. Sorry I wasn't more help but hard to help remotely :(
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

that's wierd. the main relay that came with your harness was maybe 6 months old!
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yea, I know, but it is electronics. I could never seem to get it to stop working more than once. I could have taken a chance and thrown one at it, but being so new I figured it was ok,if it was testing out good.

Got to love random electrical issues. On the bright side I know for sure that all the wiring related to the ecu, fuel pump and ignition switch are A-OK!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Well it just killed another relay, been sitting all day then when I go to leave, nothing but ticking like a type writer......fuck!

I ordered a new one and will try again in the morning.

Is there anything in the ignition switch that regulates voltage going to the relay that could go bad?

All the related wires check out with no issues, maybe I just got unlucky with a bad relay, who knows.

Just my luck

Comment

And the last relay in town (warrenty replament) has been installed previously and rattles like it has loose rocks inside of it. Of course it does not work!

3 time is the charm on monday......i hope.

Comment

What happen with the 3rd relay?

Comment

Working...
                X