Valve spring compressor tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve spring compressor tips

Putting my head back together and got one of these totally awesome universal pieces of crap: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356075204.120891.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	7230083

And I'm finding it almost impossible to fit the springs on the exhaust side. Anybody have any tips? Do I have to go borrow the c-clamp style?
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder
    Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

use the other kind, it's like shelling peas
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Yeah, damn, thought so... Now I gotta see if O'reallys will take this pos tool back.
      Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

take that back and get the big C clamp type. Try to find an advance auto they have free tool rental for 30 days. (you get your money refunded)
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Went to Sears... Got the clamp style and was laughing the rest of the day. Best $37 ever spent. Now lets see if they will take it back...

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiianE30 View Post
            Went to Sears... Got the clamp style and was laughing the rest of the day. Best $37 ever spent. Now lets see if they will take it back...
            I bought mine at Sears 2 years ago as well. $19.99 was the price. I am on my third one already. They seem to last about 10-15 heads or so. Then the handle somehow bends and grinds against the frame inbetween it. Good thing with Craftsman tools is the free lifetime exchange.

Here is another option:
            Lisle 36200 Valve Keeper Remover and Installer

Comment

Working...
            X