Some Clarity please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Clarity please

So i recently went to a meet and a guy who really knows his stuff(or at least appears that way) told me i have a 325e intake runners. Behold i did, the runners were skinner than my friends who had the same M20B25 which had wider runners.

Thinking i had a eta engine in my 325i i checked my casting number. It ends in 885 and has a 2.5 stamp on it. How is this possible? i assume e runners wouldn't fit on an i head. I have no records of any engine work done previous to my ownership.

Pics. Did you check your bottom end? It could be an 885 head swap on a B27 but OP didnt change the intake manifold??

Comment

885 is an I head. does you valve cover have a bracket going across it?
      :borg:

Comment

What year is your car, and if there's a badge on the trunk what does it say?
        sigpic

Comment

the only bracket on my valve cover is a small one connecting it to the intake where the FPR vaccum hose goes into. the trunk says 325i but the i is missing but glue marks remain. How can i identify my bottom end? I thought e intake manifolds wouldnt fit on an i head.

Comment

also it is a 1987 325iC according to title and VIN #

Comment

Post an engine pic.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

u went and meet that one guy? hope you figure this out cus i have no clue..u can also check that one website that you put your vin number in to check and see if its i or e..dont know website off hand but ive been 2 it and it works
                sigpic
                93 325i 120k
                mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
                future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

o well nvm that post wasnt there a second ago lol
                  sigpic
                  93 325i 120k
                  mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
                  future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

I cant post a pic right now, its raining and dark. I will ASAP. but it has this intake mainfold (see pic) with an 885 head. and the valve cover that says BMW on it with the three horziontal lines across it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations, someone swapped your original engine out with one out of an 88 325 super eta. Does it say 2,5 on the fuel pressure regulator? Probably does....
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

it does! or would if the paint was there. so is it terminal doctor?

Comment

Yes, I'm afraid it is. Only thing left to do now is change the manifolds, cam and throw a turbo on it. Since compression is already 8.5:1, 10-20lbs of boost should alleviate the pain and suffering.
                          Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-25-2013, 12:41 AM.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Yes, I'm afraid it is. Only thing left to do now is change the manifolds, cam and throw a turbo on it. Since compression is already 8.5:1, 10-20lbs of boost should alleviate the pain and suffering.
                            I like this solution.

Get to it OP.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

first 5 speed swap :up:
                              its all about priorities. Will the intake manifold bolt straight on?

Comment

Working...
                              X