No announcement yet.

Vibration. Hate to ask but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an odd thought- did you loosen and pretension the driveshaft after it was installed?

If the driveshaft's pushing on the back of the transmission, it MIGHT be letting the
    engine rock front- to back...

Long shot, I know, but very easy to check- just loosen the center nut...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Do I just have Dual Mass Flywheel on the brain or could failure of that cause your issue? Is there any change when you disengage the clutch?

Comment

Not sure if OP has seen this reply.

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        I have been suffering similar symptoms to the OP, vibration increasing with revs (plus seemingly running a bit rich). Jlevie got me thinking, so I checked the plugs and although all of them showed some sootiness one of them was worse. I replaced the 415 green top injectors with the original 715 blue tops, and guess what. Its now running as smooth as silk. Worth a try.

Comment

how about arcing spark wires?

Comment

Symptoms were identical before and after injector swap, replacing plugs was step one when this came up. Just did Fuel filter and FPR no change. What really kills me on this is the car runs great. No loss of power, no overheat, no smoke, no ill effects other than feeling like a gotdaym tractor.

Originally posted by dwight View Post
            how about arcing spark wires?
            Elaborate?
            *sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anony Mouse View Post
              Elaborate?
              Look at plug wires with engine running in the dark (at night). You will be able to see arcing from the wires to ground if wires are leaking. Probably do not want to touch a leaking wire!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
                Look at plug wires with engine running in the dark (at night). You will be able to see arcing from the wires to ground if wires are leaking. Probably do not want to touch a leaking wire!
                Theres no lasting adverse effect from pulling plug wires while she's running? Sorry if thats a dumb question I'm not much a motor guy yet.
                *sigpic

Comment

Probably won't kill you unless you have a bad heart already (or you jump into the path of a moving truck) but why risk it?
                  Or did you mean damage to the car?
                  No. It won't hurt the car any.

Comment

I just had a thought on this, what are the odds of it being clutch/flywheel related. She's driveable right now and the clutch doesn't feel out of sorts but could there be flywheel issues with this sort of symptom?
                    *sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X