325ix oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix oil pump

I am looking for an oil pump for my ix motor. Are these rebuildable. I have not seen anything on rebuilding these things. I see that there is a rebuild kit. My current one is in good shape. I spun my #1 & 2 cylinders. Everything that I see says to replace it but it looks like these are NA.

I've heard you have to get then from Germany or something, not sure how true that is. Every parts dealer says its the same as every m20 but its not, so I haven't been able to find one either. If you come across where to get them let me know because I'd be in for one.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

The oil pump for the iX is the same as the is. All M20B25 oil pumps should be the same. As for the rebuild kit, you can get them from the dealer, but the pump (from the dealer) ran me $120. So I just bit the bullet and replaced it.
      [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

Have you used a is pump in a ix yet? I know they spin opposite in the ix.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That is what I thought. The ix pump part # off realoem runs @ $250 and it looks like a na part stateside. Reverse rotation and something with the relief.

Comment

Originally posted by z122643 View Post
            The oil pump for the iX is the same as the is. All M20B25 oil pumps should be the same. As for the rebuild kit, you can get them from the dealer, but the pump (from the dealer) ran me $120. So I just bit the bullet and replaced it.
            no, it's not. the ix has it's own specific oil pump. you won't have a pressure relief valve, it will spin the wrong way (= no oil pressure) and I don't think the pickup tube will even work with the standard pump.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks for the info ^

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

So what about a pump rebuild kit. Anyone ever try one

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  no, it's not. the ix has it's own specific oil pump. you won't have a pressure relief valve, it will spin the wrong way (= no oil pressure) and I don't think the pickup tube will even work with the standard pump.
                  This is interesting because I just rebuild my engine with an "is" oil pump. No problems, and I have good oil pressure.
                  [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

you didn't use an ix block then, or you were mistaken and actually bought an ix pump. I'm 110% sure they are not the same.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      you didn't use an ix block then, or you were mistaken and actually bought an ix pump. I'm 110% sure they are not the same.
                      this is correct. they are not the same.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                      X