M20 torx head bolts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chrisbmwe30
    replied
    Awesome would anyone have any they could sell to ship to Australia?

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • eduTechnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny
    That was my understanding as well. I've been using an ultrasonic cleaner at work for my reused parts. Seems to work great at getting all the old staining off.
    Yeah crazy how that works. SCIENCE! Thats really convenient to have

    Sent from my Note 2

    Leave a comment:


  • Swanny
    replied
    Originally posted by eduTechnic
    They are. I just like shiny new things. I bet they're thick enough they don't really deflect much even under that kind of torque

    Sent from my Note 2
    That was my understanding as well. I've been using an ultrasonic cleaner at work for my reused parts. Seems to work great at getting all the old staining off.

    Leave a comment:


  • eduTechnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny
    I was under the assumption that stock washers were reusable, just not the bolts due to stretch. Any more info on the subject?
    They are. I just like shiny new things. I bet they're thick enough they don't really deflect much even under that kind of torque

    Sent from my Note 2

    Leave a comment:


  • Swanny
    replied
    Originally posted by eduTechnic
    Washers are to be replaced with new bolts.

    Sent from my Note 2
    I was under the assumption that stock washers were reusable, just not the bolts due to stretch. Any more info on the subject?

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisbmwe30
    replied
    ill look into purchasing them wasn't sure if the part under the head of the torx was an incorporated washer

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisbmwe30
    replied
    It's a rebuild over a couple years and threw them out with the old bolts as I knew I was replacing them.

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Why would you throw them out? Yes, you need the washers.

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisbmwe30
    started a topic M20 torx head bolts

    M20 torx head bolts

    Hey guys I have my new torx updated head bolts but I don't have the washers as I threw them out with the bolts :-( do the new bolts need washers?
    I've attached a picture of the bolts.
    If I do need bolts any recommendations where to get them from?
    Thanks
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chrisbmwe30; 09-08-2013, 04:42 PM.
Working...