No announcement yet.

stroking my m20 to 2.7i... day-by-day pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a 3.0 stroker using stock fuel system and engine management, it can be done
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

sure it runs like ass though

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Ok back to me now....

Ok it's all done, still waiting for the smt7 in order to properly tune it and throw in a MAF. I had a temporary rev-limit problem at around 3k, but it was for the most part solved by putting in hotter plugs (DCs instead of LCRs), and putting in a 3 bar FPR instead of the 2.5. I believe the problem will disappear completely once I do a full check of my fuel delivery system, and install the AFPR I got from bavauto.

The car feels much faster than stock, to say the least, but I'm gonna hold off on the dyno run until I'm totally finished with everything. I'm going to be getting a wide-band (the in-car one that ITG sells) to tune the shit RIGHT once the smt7 decides to show up.
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
          I figured that since this adjustable cam gear was so friggin important that my car wouldn't run without it, and considering it took so damn long to arrive, that it deserved a big-ass pic all by itself:

how much costed it and where did you get it? very nice piece!
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I got it from the e30zone.co.uk online store, for 130 British Pounds +shipping. It's a quality piece, and I don't regret getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
              I got it from the e30zone.co.uk online store, for 130 British Pounds +shipping. It's a quality piece, and I don't regret getting it.

Thats how about in US Dollars?
              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

it's about 1.8 USD to the pound, so that figures to around...

$230

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
                  it's about 1.8 USD to the pound, so that figures to around...

$230

thanks!:D

Comment

Look for a Kent Cam distributer, Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen
                      sure it runs like ass though
                      idles a little low, lots of power though, some light pinging up at 5k wot
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper
                        any idea on how much it would cost to have the crank knife edged?
                        I have knife edged and race ballanced my 524 turbo diesel crank.

It cost 500...

ALso MrK...nice job,:up: I have the MM forged pistons on my 2.8 stroker...

I have a shrick 288 cam but a 300 duration cam is very high...:grin:
                        79 323i

Comment

UPDATE!!! The SMT7 unit is finally in my hands, I'm going downstairs right now to wire it up. This way I can finally put the cam at it's correct position, and retard the ignition using the SMT unit. More updates and pics to follow soon...

This should be the final step before I take this crate to the dyno and see what kind of numbers I'm pulling :)

Comment

Ok here it is:

Fully wired in and velcroed neatly to the DME! I got a chance to play around with the ignition and AFM maps, and the car is idling much more smoothly now, no fuel smell at idle, and it pulls noticeably faster to redline :)

All that's left now is to adjust the cam to the proper position, install colder plugs, and retune! Can't wait :D

Next up, MAF swap!

Comment

How does that SMT7 compare to standalone, like Megasquirt?
                              - Sean Hayes

Comment

I don't really think I'm qualified to answer that, since I've never tried MS. I do know that down-time is MUCH less with an SMT, since you only need to make like 9 connections and you're ready to go. Since it adjusts existing DME signals, you can turn on your car directly after connecting it, and do the adjustments on the fly. So no issues with getting the car to start. MS means you start pretty much from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X