No announcement yet.

stroking my m20 to 2.7i... day-by-day pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda low on power, but we'll see where you stand after proper tuning and afm ditching. youve definitely renewed my interest in SMT7. was going to go with Unichip but its $$$ to get it tuned. I enjoy the thought of tuning myself with a WBO2. I am waiting anixously to see how much driveability youve retained after changing internals and intake method.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

I have dynoed int he same DYno probbaly a BOSCH unit, I got that paper sheet after dynoed mine. And yes, it print in those papers. Also you get you power in HP and not WHP.

The only thing that i got different was the torque curve, in other paper.

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Diego that's EXACTLY what the dyno I went to looked like, and I got a printout that shows (as you can see) HP 'and' WHP. In the first pic I posted, you see both hp and whp at the same time, and in the second pic you see the hp and tq (crank, not wheel), superimposed.
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
          Diego that's EXACTLY what the dyno I went to looked like, and I got a printout that shows (as you can see) HP 'and' WHP. In the first pic I posted, you see both hp and whp at the same time, and in the second pic you see the hp and tq (crank, not wheel), superimposed.
          What country are you located? :D Anyways, it must have a updated software that handle WHP cuz this one didn't lol. I remember that i dynoed once my turbo bimmer and got like 218HP :drink: boosting 8 PSI. The car felt a lot quicker than a 218 HP engine/car can do.... Always thought this dyno was fooled.

Let me check if I can find this paper sheets scanned and will post htem here to compare it. I also had a lil dyno vid of it.
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

:) I found the dyno sheets and the little vid, but not enough space for the vid though. I will host it, later

Comment

I'm the friend with the e30 m3
              MrK took me for some spirited driving in his ride, it was very driveable and smooth and the torque was amazing :crazy: :D

btw guys we get 95/98 octane here but it is really shitty fuel ... 98 over here is like 89 or shittier at other countries

and btw i kind of exaggerated about the e30 m3's torque.. but i dont need 6k rpm to get it sideways..lol :p if i go 1/2 throttle around 3k itll go sideways with little to no convincing using the steering wheel..
              87 ///m3
              88 VW gti 2.0 16v turbo

Comment

here are...

Comment

Diego, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems there's only a 4kW difference between my dyno'ed whp and yours????

Does that make sense? I mean, you've got a turbo!

Oh, and now it's obvious, that's the SAME EXACT dyno that we both went on, only in different countries :D
                  This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Yes, that's what I see. 5kw it's nothing compared with a N.A. vs turbo almost in the same engine setup. I think something was wrong with this Dyno or the setup of it..... what countrie are you?

Comment

lebanon
                      87 ///m3
                      88 VW gti 2.0 16v turbo

Comment

good to see that you got the SMT-7 in a decent amount of time. When i had gotten my smt6 from Gunni a year or so ago it took him over 6 months to get it to me. This is directly from the perfect power HQ in South Africa but Gunni is not allowed to sell outside of Iceland so i hope you never need any customer service on it. nice project, i'm anxious to see what it does at full potential as I have a similar project to start with my e30 as well.

since when can you not run A/C with megasquirt?

Tom

Comment

Hehe... South Africa :D

Comment

Guys check what gears the dyno runs were done in.....

one was 4th and the turbo was in 5th...

does that account for the difference????

I love the stroker work by the way!!! Good to see a fellow country man on the boards too!
                            Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

Working...
                            X