Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m50 injectors on a m20b25

Hi all,

first and foremost I would like to state that I did search and have been looking all day, but was unable to find my answer

I have a very bad leaky injector and searching online I can't seem to find any refurbished ones for cheap like I see for the m50 injectors. I know folks have used them, usually with a AFM upgrade and chipped ECU. I don't plan on chipping my ECU or doing an AFM upgrade. can my stock ECU handle the 17.5lb injectors?

it's weird I can find rebuilt m50 injectors for $120 shipped but can't find any rebuilt m20 injectors for that price.

thanks in advance!
    1988 325is 237k

I should add that I don't have the 173 ECU....i'm not sure which one I have.

I have an 88 325is...I thought it was the 173, but after trying the stomp test it doesn't appear so.
    1988 325is 237k

Comment

scratch this post...the short answer is yes, you can.
      1988 325is 237k

Comment

m50 injectors on a m20b25

Yes; a late model i DME (153 or greater) can compute, process and remap for the slight increase in injector size

The only thing that sucks is now your OBC MPG and Tach MPG gauge reading will be off due to the bigger injectors.

The car uses electric signals it receives from the injectors in order to calibrate MPG. The stock 14# injectors run at roughly 80% duty cycle, while say, the 17# ones (being bigger) will only need to run at say maybe 50%.

The computer will then take this drop in duty pulse as fuel savings, when in reality you are using the same amount of fuel, but running at a lower duty cycle

There is a product sold by Seattle Circuits that fixes this problem for the OBC, however; I don't know if it will fix the Tact MPG gauge.

Comment

If you can afford the down time of not having your car, you might consider this:

Comment

thanks for chiming in fellas...I appreciate the extra info.

Nitro - that's some damn cheap service! looks to be good work too!!!

i broke the plastic cap on one of my injectors and it's spewing gas out so i'd still need to find one. i think i'll just purchase a set of the m50 injectors off of ebay. they're only $120 shipped and have been flow tested and rebuilt.
            1988 325is 237k

Comment

Mepeh is awesome, I highly recommend his service!

Comment

M50 injectors from Mepeh are $60+shipping. Why would you pay $120 off of ebay?

Comment

/\
                  What they said

Comment

Working...
                  X