Plug under throttle body m20b25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug under throttle body m20b25

Does anyone know what this plug Is for? It's not the throttle position sensor plug it's lower than that but just isn't plugged into anything.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431309987789.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	7243816

And from further out
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431310016485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	7243817

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Sorry dunno why pictures turned upside down

M U S C C O O

Comment

Is the charcoal canister purge valve plugged in, or even there? Should be attached to the barb on the bottom of the throttle body next to the TPS. It's not necessary but if it's not there make sure that barb fitting is blanked off.

Comment

Yeah if it's a two pin (TPS is a three pin), it's for the evap canister. Nothing else is in that area to confuse it with.
        1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
        5-Speed Swapped
        M30B35 Swapped
        MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
        260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

iirc, it plugs in underneath the throttle body someplace. I'll have to look at mine.

Also, you have a vacuum leak on your throttle body--that one hose is blocked off, which is ok, but you have to block it off on the throttle body side, too.

ETA--you also have to block off the vacuum fitting on the rubber intake elbow, too.
          '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

I think it's for the carcol cannister which appears to not be there.. vacuum leak? You mean where the hoses are missing? I was halfway to putting air intake back together

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
              I think it's for the carcol cannister which appears to not be there.. vacuum leak? You mean where the hoses are missing? I was halfway to putting air intake back together
              Yeah, that's what I was talking about. You would find the late model setup for those hoses interesting. BMW deleted about half of it. Look on Real OEM on the later 5-Series cars that had the b25, I think that's where I finally found the diagram that matches my car. Really odd, late-breaking vacuum setup change. For awhile, I was convince a PO had modded it.
              '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

Wait so the plug causes vacuum leak? Bit confused

M U S C C O O

Comment

The plug does not cause a vacuum leak. It attaches to a purge valve that is connected to a fitting on the bottom of the throttle body. If it's not attached, then you essentially have an open hole in the bottom of your throttle body. Stick your head under there and have a look.
                  Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 05-26-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Ah I see. I will sus it out and report back what I see!

M U S C C O O

Comment

Working...
                    X