X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvallis
    replied
    Lots going on tonight ...

High pressure fuel gauge with red backlight finally arrived. Cluster is done.

Dash flocking unmasked.

Completed dash

Bulkhead relay cover completed.

Fully assembled dash

Nice being able to work on the bench and see behind the dash

Found some interference with the dimmer switch. Will need a bit of precision angle grinder work.

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    Working on the steering column harness today. First order of business is adapting the E30 horn slip ring to NRG quick release wheel hub. Thanks to PNWDan for this post with instructions.

First step .. chopped the original slip ring carrier and cut the index pin off the back.

A couple of the tabs broke off the slip ring. Needed to glue it in place on the carrier.

Drilled and tapped the NRG hub

Slip ring bolted in place

Slip ring contact didn't survive removal ages ago.

Rebuild it with some 3/16 brass tube, pan head brass screw, rubber gasket and glue.

Turn and high beam switch re-attache with the new wiring harness. Found some rivets that fit the slip ring contact perfectly.

Re-fitted hub in place.

Steering wheel mounted, terminated the harness with a connector and that's it for the column.

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    Brake switch and bracket

Installed

Relay cover in progress

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    Suspension sensor amplifier board. I use a freeware package called ExpressPCB to do quick and dirty jobs like this. Only takes about 30 minutes to do a schematic and layout. You pay a premium .. $20 a board with no silkscreen, but I can order the boards with one click right from the tool. Solder in through hole components from DigiKey, pop it in a Hammond box and you're done.

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    Just Flocking Flock it

Flocked the dash over the holidays. Man, it's a nasty process. Here's the dash goobered up with adhesive. Little tabs are things masked off. They will be a joy to get off I'm sure. Lots of quality time with the exacto knife.

After flocking. Most of it ended up on the dash, lots on me. Turned out good all things considering.

Das Beast patiently waiting for it's engine. Nearly there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X