Injector Swapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector Swapping?

Tried a few key word searches because I am sure someone has asked, but not coming up with finding an answer through all the turbo questions when it comes to injectors.

Basically, all I need to know is if I can swap out stock injectors from my 87 325e with injectors that I have off of a 1990 325i

In a broader aspect, can one take "e" injectors out and put in "I" injectors?

The set of 325i injectors have half the miles and I just did an engine over hall and have #6 injector not firing; therefor, rather than replace the one I would like to replace them all with the "I" set, but its an "e" car.

Its weird really as before I pulled engine apart it was firing off, and now I am getting power to injector just not spraying. If I have to pull them I would rather just replace them with the ones I have, if they can be swapped.

Also, can I swap fuel rails too?

Not fully educated on what all the differences are between the 325e's and 325i's when it comes to fuel so please inform.
    What BMW means to me: Breaks My Wallet

eta and "i" injectors have a different impedance value and are not interchangeable. Rails might swap, but the hoses might not be long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
      eta and "i" injectors have a different impedance value and are not interchangeable. Rails might swap, but the hoses might not be long enough.
      Ya I found out they wouldn't.

Comment

Sorry for posting this guy's as I found out they won't work. My mistake for not searching a little longer.

Comment

As to your original 'not spraying' problem, it might be junk's gotten dislodged
          and plugged the screen at the inlet.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
          X