Radiator Connections / Coolant Fill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Connections / Coolant Fill Question

Hey guys, so I did a whole timing belt and water pump change and now I'm trying to fill the system. I tore the car apart a few months ago so I have forgotten where some connections go[emoji29]
    Where does this go?
    All the coolant seems to be draining out of this "vent"

Also, does anything connect here?

And are both of these vents or does the radiator connect to one of these ports on the expansion tank?

Thanks guys!
    1986 325
    1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

the two nipples on the radiator and the coolant res connect together with a small dia hose

the threaded port is for an auto trans cooler. if you have a manual trans then the port is left open with no worries
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM View Post
      the two nipples on the radiator and the coolant res connect together with a small dia hose

the threaded port is for an auto trans cooler. if you have a manual trans then the port is left open with no worries
      Thanks for the info SpecM!

One thing, I only see one nipple on the radiator (the one I took a pic of). Either way i think it should solve my problem of just spilling fluid everywhere haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
      1986 325
      1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

Comment

The nipple on the radiator goes to the one on the reservoir with the metal insert. The other nipple on the reservoir is routed to the fender as a drain when your system over-pressurized and the cap lifts. The screws on the radiator, auto tranny oil cooling lines.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
          The nipple on the radiator goes to the one on the reservoir with the metal insert. The other nipple on the reservoir is routed to the fender as a drain when your system over-pressurized and the cap lifts. The screws on the radiator, auto tranny oil cooling lines.
          Awesome, thank you for clearing that up!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
          1986 325
          1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

Comment

Working...
          X