Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info on or has anyone done the RHD ITB'S for the M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was watching the KA Motors stuff and it sounded sweet and looks pretty cool with the ITB's in the bay rather than the ugly manifold.

Anyone have any thoughts?

yes, do a search first. on the first page there will be atleast 4 builds with them. Then ask a specific question if you don't find the answer
    Last edited by digger; 05-21-2017, 05:50 PM.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I looked through those, was hoping others may have installed them but didn't do a build thread.

Comment

Perhaps you might have better luck if you actually ask specific questions.....

Comment

Fair enough.

I was mainly curious whether keeping a mainly stock m20 what standalone ecu are guys selecting and why.

I know Kam offers his alpha-n tunes but I assume that gets loaded to an ecu, is megasquirt the most common and if so does that make it easier for others to go this route? Or is it a different ecu, and how did they configure, through self tuning or going to a shop?

Current questions for now, I wasn't gleaning exactly from the threads previous

Comment

MS is probably the most common though there are many other ECU that can work (EMU, haltch, link, etc. the advantage of MS it is it is PNP which is all most really need. other ECU require a fair bit more wiring at times

i do have a friend who is using the WAR with MAF, it hasn't been fully tuned so dont know if it is something that is 100% known to work perfect yet.

if you are doing a performance engine why anyone would anyone not budget to get a custom tune is beyond me.
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Once you start researching the M20 and aftermarket ecus, you quickly realise that the M20 is one of the most basic engines to run on an aftermarket ecu in semi sequential, little tricky to run full sequential but do-able.

I made my own loom out of about 15 wires and i had my m20 running on a haltech e8 quite easily.

The big thing is that you want to put a proper variable TPS on it, the oem m20 tps is just a switch which doesn't help with throttle enrichment. I used an m42 one with an adaptor.

All of the big names will run the engine fine, theres nothing special it. What you need to do is find a tuner (assuming its not going to be you) who will actually tune it, and get his opinion on how to set it up.

Given you are talking about multiple throttles, I would think the standard air flow meter goes in the bin in favor of a map based tune or pure TPS based.

Comment

good info thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X