Noob Question: Orange Connector by Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Question: Orange Connector by Coolant

What are these damn orange things called (I know it must be aftermarket)? I'm guessing ABS-related? And how many are there throughout the car? Mine are so shredded that they're just wires.
    Attached Files
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

yeah a part number would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ABS sensors. You can purchase a pigtail replacement, it's part #61131390540
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

...I thought the airbag sensors were orange, the ABS were grey.

But it's been years since I looked at an airbag car that still had the wiring.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

But it's been years since I looked at an airbag car that still had the wiring.

t

You could be right, but not sure all years had grey (actually started white), but of the several e30's here at the shop, I have a couple with white/grey and a couple with orange. The Spec e30 here definitely has orange (airbags obviously deleted), and there's a few early models that were not airbag equipped.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
            t
            The orange thing is an aftermarket piece, like I mentioned in the post. Mine was also grey but they have completely disintegrated. I still can't find them anywhere online...
            "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              ABS sensors. You can purchase a pigtail replacement, it's part #61131390540
              Well do you know what those orange aftermarket ones are, by any chance? I looked up the part and they come with like 20ft of wires which is what I rly don't need. I just need the orange piece because mine has disintegrated (originally grey)...

Comment

They aren't aftermarket. Some cars here at the shop have grey and some orange. Looks like the new ones only come in grey. I wish you could just buy the connector, but AFAIK, they aren't available.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

The connector is formed over the cable, there's no way to get just the connector based on how it's made. If you don't want to replace all the wiring in the car, you could replace it with any other OEM dual pin connector (Aptiv MetriPack or similar), but this would mean you'd have to install a new connector onto your brake wear sensor every time you install new ones.

Or you could do what I did and just remove them altogether, theyr'e not particularly useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X