Any 2.9L Guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 2.9L Guys here?

Starting my 2.9 project in the next few weeks, just guaging who else on this board has a 2.9.

Planning on using the IE 2.9 Kit, 10.5:1 cr, 282 or similar camshaft, headers, and megasquirt.

kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

what crank? 84mm M42B28? should make for a torquey motor.

I'm not a big fan of the IE kit, but good luck!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well i wouldn't have sprung for the iE kit, but i have some connections so it should make itself worth the $$$. Im using the crank supplied in the IE Kit.

kyle
      1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
      DILLIGAF

Comment

U rang :D

Ok... seeing as the guys here in SA now know what I'm running, there is no reason why I need 2 keep bullsh*tting , as I know some of them lurk on here :)

Start from the top and work down.

Camshaft Shrick 288 deg
        Std valvesprings rockers and retainers.
        Valves matched size (both the same size) and 2mm bigger than std on exhaust can't remember how much bigger than on intake, but im sure someone can work it out.
        Ported and Flowed.

12.8:1 CR Wiseco Custom 86mm pistons
        M20B25 rods, shot peened
        M50B28 Crank, balanced

Ported Intake Manifold
        Big Bore TB (same size butterfly as the M30B35)
        M50B28 injectors

Dual Electric Fans
        Ally Flywheel
        Short Shifter

3.91:1 LSD
        Perfect Power XMS

Thats pretty much it... I think.
        Most of the power comes from the head job, and tuning...
        Last edited by SA E30; 10-03-2006, 03:25 AM.

Comment

SAE30 how much of a flow increase was there in the head?
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

sounds interesting, def. a lot higher CR Than i would think one could run on an m20 on pump gas. tell me a bit about your XMS, does that do fuel and spark control?

kyle
            1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
            DILLIGAF

Comment

Controls Fuel and Spark... still running off the single coil and dizzy.

As for the head not actually sure... Took it to Budler Motorsort (the biggest E30 tuner in SA) and just told him what bottom end I was building, and asked him to do his magic with the head, TB and intake manifold... apparently this is aggressive as he will go on the head, b4 it starts loosing to much air speed (I assumed he was talking about the porting) He's very secretive when it comes to what he does, but he gets the results that no one else seems to get here...

I should have taken pictures of it, but alas I didnt... not one :( after I siezed no.6 piston when I was running my old setup with S50B30Euro pistons, I have some pics of that... externally it looks the same as b4.

Oh yeah, also forgot, I have an adjustable fuel pressure regualtor... but i have no idea what it's pressure is...

Comment

Working...
              X