Intake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake problem

Hey everyone, I have a rather strange problem. I have an 87 325is which comes with the “L” shaped IACV. The previous owner for some reason put the “T” shaped valve on instead, as well as changing the intake boot to match. Well the boot was cracking so I ordered a new one. However, the new boot I purchased doesn’t fit the car (the end that goes on the TB is too large). I’m stumped to why this doesn’t fit because the genuine boot I had before is the same part number with the extra hole for the check valve on automatic trans cars. Are there two different boots for these cars or is the aftermarket brand I bought (meyle) bad?

There are plenty more experienced people here than I but I’m pretty sure the pre ‘88 engines cant use a post ‘88 ICV, boot, and valve cover breather tube, the engine wire harness just doesn’t work The same.

Check realoem for comparisons
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Take a pic and some measurements for us
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

T shape, L-shape..that's not the problem. is the boot about 10mm too big?
        ETA TB? ETA TB is 10mm smaller compared to "i". Possibly someone installed eta head/intake/TB into your "i"?

What are numbers on the head and how does your intake manifold look like? Post a pic

"i" manifold

ETA

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. My intake manifold for sure looks like the one off of an “i” car. I cross checked the part number off of the old intake boot and it comes back to a 320i..... That car was never sold in the states. I’m not sure about the throttle body at this point, but I can take some measurements tomorrow. I was redoing all of my intake hoses and everything fits that I bought off of ECS tuning (all gaskets and hoses on intake side of the engine). My car also has the pulse sensor for the #6 spark plug wire which all the forums and websites say my car shouldn’t have? Super weird stuff. The part number on the intake boot is 13711726204.

Comment

Bump. Anyone have ideas? This is so bizarre. I am sure I have the right intake manifold and throttle body. I got a TB gasket off of ECS and it fits right up. But the boot doesn’t fit. I am stumped

Comment

Measure the ID of the boot and OD of the throttle body for us
              Last edited by digger; 03-06-2019, 09:54 PM.
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                is the boot about 10mm too big?
                ETA TB? ETA TB is 10mm smaller compared to "i". Possibly someone installed eta head/intake/TB into your "i"?
                so, is there about 10mm difference?

Comment

Alright, I measured the TB and it IS 55mm. Upon further investigation, it for sure doesn’t mate to the intake manifold like it should. Totally didn’t even notice until now DERP. If anyone wants to sell me their “I” TB, that would be great

Comment

Yeah That's not a m20b25 TB which is 60mm butterfly with ID 62-64mm at the opening tapering to 60mm

Comment

Working...
                    X