Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright guys, this is what a eta bottom end and i head gets you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClassicScot View Post
    i am planning on doing the same thing i have just bought a I head and my block is Eta... is there any other specifications, or is it just a direct bolt on the the bottom end. If it is different please let me know !!!
    The head will bolt up, the main thing you have to figure out is how you plan on running it. I think it's probably better to run Megasquirt vs trying to swap in a "i" harness. The only difference between my setup and yours will be I'm running a m21 forged crank which is heavier and a single mass flywheel from a "i". I would plan on atleast finding a "i" exhaust as the eta exhaust will be too restrictive. Also you need to use a "i" intake manifold and throttle body.

Comment

So if I was to go boost on this this set up. The best way to go would be the eta bottom end with regular eta pistons, IS head/intake mani/tb, good after market head gasket, and better head studs. Then for tuning, both an fmu and Mega squirt? And the Mega squirt gets rid of the afm? What is the compression difference between the seta piston set up and the eta set up

Sorry for the questions, I am really trying to learn as much as I can about this since I getting an 86 eta here shortly. And I haven't dealt with anyting but Honda's till now. Now if you needed to know anything about a turboing and tuning a honda, that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by 88driftIS View Post
        So if I was to go boost on this this set up. The best way to go would be the eta bottom end with regular eta pistons, IS head/intake mani/tb, good after market head gasket, and better head studs.
        The best (most simple) way to go is just to boost a stock b25i motor and use Megasquirt for management. A friend of mine is making 430 horses at the flywheel with this setup. Stock 180k+ motor with the stock head gasket running 21 psi iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          The best (most simple) way to go is just to boost a stock b25i motor and use Megasquirt for management. A friend of mine is making 430 horses at the flywheel with this setup. Stock 180k+ motor with the stock head gasket running 21 psi iirc.
          that's impressive, what size turbo? exhaust? injectors/pump?
          Flickr
          Originally posted by Indecline06
          For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Help!

We've swapped in an I head onto an 86' eta bottom end. We're using an I wiring harness and have a 173, 153, and a 525 ECU's. None will give us spark at the coil. The motor will attempt to crank but won't fire.

We've verified that the coil, CPS, ECU's, and spark reference sensors work on other I cars. What could be causing our no spark situation?

Comment

Main relay? You should likely post your question elsewhere, though.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i have eta completely stock with CAI and exhaust straight pipe 2.5 with magnaflow muffler at the end, and in my garage i have the 885 head, i intake manifold and throttle body,
                what else would i need?? Megasquirt or Stock i wiring harness(meaning a lot of more things which basically is switching all i components on a eta block)
                (if i put the i throttle body wont i need the i ICV which is completly different from the eta one two plug) i am rather confused?? sorry for my ignorance

Comment

How much did your megasquirt run you?--

Comment

Originally posted by E30QC View Post
                    How much did your megasquirt run you?--

$450 shipped PM me

Comment

How in gods name can you run 21 psi on a stock B25??
                      I thought only 8 psi is allowed on stock internals??

Comment

nope. stock internals are good. Many people have run 20+psi daily.
                        Flickr
                        Originally posted by Indecline06
                        For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurpyy View Post
                          How in gods name can you run 21 psi on a stock B25??
                          I thought only 8 psi is allowed on stock internals??
                          tuning. dyno tune on a standalone and you can get 500+hp out of a stock b25. a chip and rrfpr poorly tuned can kill an engine on 5 psi

Comment

Is there a thinner headgasket anyone is using to bump up compression on the i head with eta block. Or is milling the head down the best way to go?
                            Originally posted by z31maniac
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Cometic offers a thinner MLS gasket for the M20, but I've yet to hear of anyone using it for this. Might be a good alternative.
                              Last edited by jmc1590; 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc1590 View Post
                                Cometic offers a thinner MLS gasket for the M20, but I've yet to hear of anyone using it for this. Might be a good alternative.
                                Does anyone have any input on this?
                                Originally posted by z31maniac
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X