X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EtaSport
    replied
    the intake and throttle body are what you want.. the afm is the same size as the eta, but it wont work plug and play. your body harness is square and the ones from the 87 are round. not a big problem as i put an 89 fuel injection in an 84 e30. The cam and springs are what you'd want to rev higher without valve float, your best bet is to remove the head and get it cleaned up and refurbished.

Leave a comment:

• smoke4ndmears
    replied
    what do you mean by body electrical connection? just the basic voltage to the harness? also i was wondering (after reading through other posts) could i just drop the intake and AFM from the iS as a start, and add the harness etc later. I think i even read about the possiblity of just adding the is cam and springs and getting a custom chip but i might just be getting tired. in the sum of things if I have to modify the harness since i have an 84 i will, hopefully the donor car(s) at the lot will show a complete set. i also saw a few older 5 series at the lot which i understand supply a nice 3.25 LSD that will pop into the eta. rad.

thanks!
    Last edited by smoke4ndmears; 02-28-2008, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kenika65
    replied
    Originally posted by smoke4ndmears View Post
    hey this is very interesting. there just happens to be an '87 'is' that is languishing in the local junkyard and i just bought a cherry 1984 325e with about 150k on the odometer. the 87 looks pretty complete under the hood so ill be looking at it again in detail when im yanking its pristine dashpad this saturday. i like the idea of just swapping out the intake and electronics etcetera per EtaSports post so ill be looking to do just the bare minimum.
    first questions:
    1 am i going to need the exhaust from the 325is? i hope not as i doubt it would be good from a junker.
    2 etasport what is an ICV?
    3 what are the gear sizes on the is' LSD?

I'll def have more as there is also a cabriolet there that might be looked at for what the 87 is missing.

thanks!

Only if you want dual exhaust and some extra ponies get the i exhaust, well the o2 sensor is in a different location also.

The ICV is an idle control valve and is a cylinder located near the exhaust side of the intake

3.73 is in an i car and a 4.1 is in auto and ix cars.

Your 84 has a different body electrical connection then 1.1/1.3 Motronic harnesses so you will have to find the schematic to make it work but it has been done alot. Good luck and keep me posted with your progress and any questions.

Leave a comment:

• smoke4ndmears
    replied
    hey this is very interesting. there just happens to be an '87 'is' that is languishing in the local junkyard and i just bought a cherry 1984 325e with about 150k on the odometer. the 87 looks pretty complete under the hood so ill be looking at it again in detail when im yanking its pristine dashpad this saturday. i like the idea of just swapping out the intake and electronics etcetera per EtaSports post so ill be looking to do just the bare minimum.
    first questions:
    1 am i going to need the exhaust from the 325is? i hope not as i doubt it would be good from a junker.
    2 etasport what is an ICV?
    3 what are the gear sizes on the is' LSD?

I'll def have more as there is also a cabriolet there that might be looked at for what the 87 is missing.

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• kenika65
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• kenika65
    replied
    Originally posted by falcon64 View Post
    do i pull out the i computer with the chip and plug it up to where my etas computer went

Falcon64, you have an 1987 325es which is a 2.7L that has low reving intake, exhaust, valve springs, cam, and your computer system which is 1.0 Motronic.

If you want to have a higher revlimit then upgrade to 88-92 i fuel, air and 1.1/1.3 Motronic,,, for a detailed description please read the first post!

What is the last three numbers on your ecu in your glovebox?

Leave a comment:

• EtaSport
    replied
    do i pull out the i computer with the chip and plug it up to where my etas computer went
    please read the thread from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• falcon64
    replied
    once again

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    what do i do to upgrade do i just pull a plug a plug and plug up a 1.1,1.3 motronic
    what? in english?

Leave a comment:

• falcon64
    replied
    what do i do to upgrade do i just pull a plug a plug and plug up a 1.1,1.3 motronic

Leave a comment:

• kenika65
    replied
    what would happen if i put an i chip in my eta
    Your 1.0 ecu in your 87 is not the same as a 1.1,1.3 Motronic ecu so it is not possible.
    That is why you need to upgrade to 88-92 Motronic.

Leave a comment:

• rs4pro3
    replied
    I also have an eta based 2.7i I used the complete eta engine, and port matched the intake side to the I-gaskets, and ported and smoothed the exhuast side. Threw in a 284 duration cam and dual valve springs. I have to say it runs great, my buddy build a very similar engine but used the 731 euro head. He has just a tad bit more bottom end torque but I have more top end, so he can pull on me, but then I can catch back up.

Leave a comment:

• falcon64
    replied
    i chip

what would happen if i put an i chip in my eta

Leave a comment:

• SchnellerVert
    replied
    It needs better tuning, It hasn't tuned on a dyno so It is using a Mark D chip only and the FMC.

Leave a comment:

• EtaSport
    replied

damn i forgot how blurry these got.

well, i will say, i dont really think this is a great port job. I do think they all got pretty close, but i think the intake side got too smooth, especially right at the valve throat, and it threw off the turbulence of air and fuel. I recommend a really rough finish as it seems to work best.

her final hour

Leave a comment:

Working...
X