no pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no pressure

my car runs fine...but i think its running a little rich(leaky fuel injectors or bad coolant temp sensor)...when i went to change my fuel injectors, i started the car , turned it around then shut it off. I pulled the fuel line on intake side(right side) of the FPR and was expecting gas to pour out but there was only a small drop.....is this normal?
    Last edited by kamotors; 02-21-2008, 04:13 PM.

7speedshop.com

did you hook the FPR up backwards? (return and pressure lines reversed)

I did that once - betcha that's what happened to you as well. it's easy to swap them so I'd give it a shot..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ive never removed the fpr

7speedshop.com

Comment

No pressure at the fuel rail right after shutting off the engine means either a bad FPR or a bad check valve in the fuel pump. If the FPR is at fault you won't have normal pressure in the fuel rail while the engine is running. The fuel system checks in the Bentley manual should help pin down what problem(s) you have.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          No pressure at the fuel rail right after shutting off the engine means either a bad FPR or a bad check valve in the fuel pump. If the FPR is at fault you won't have normal pressure in the fuel rail while the engine is running. The fuel system checks in the Bentley manual should help pin down what problem(s) you have.
          where could i purchase the check valve? could it be leaky fuel injectors...i used to have hard warm starts but latley my car hasn't had any problems

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
            ive never removed the fpr
            but you had to of removed the fuel rail to change the injectors.. so did you take the fuel hoses off? if not then ignore what I said above :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              but you had to of removed the fuel rail to change the injectors.. so did you take the fuel hoses off? if not then ignore what I said above :p
              I never changed the injectors because i had to remove the valve cover but ran out of light so i gave up and put it back together. i only removed one fuel line

7speedshop.com

Comment

fuel pump ck valve. do a quick search. the fix is an auxiliary ck valve about $10 from the dealer. ck the previous post through the search and you should find the part number
                sigpic
                - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Working...
                X