Clear All

2.7i

anything i need more???

-Eta bottom end
    -Super ETA pistons
    -new chromoly piston rings
    -885 head
    -i cam
    -double valve springs (it should come with all this if you buy used)
    -motronic 1.3
    -87' i wiring harness
    -i AFM
    -i intake boot with idle control valve
    -i throttle body
    -i intake manifold
    you can use the stock exhaust manifold, the exhaust ports are almost identical in size
    -i front dampner (you need this for the crank position sensor that goes there
    -i crank position sensor (this deletes the need for your sensors that come off of the bellhousing)
    -m50 injectors or better (I have 24lb ones, a cartech RRFPR, and a wideband o2 sensor so I can adjust the fuel pressure and get it running perfect.)
    -3 bar fuel pressure regulator

what else ??? also i heared the 'i head in combination with
    the 'e pistons drops the compression so low that even running is a
    problem. so what should i do, chip the fucking car and get better gears ratio, i have 2.9LSD. what should i get ,and some people told me adding a chip to the eta motor will cause the singe valve springs to float??.

iam so confused. also if i did the 2.7i conversion what should i end up with ??how much HP's and torque.
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

24# injectors are going to be too big. 19# were good to about 220hp but you're not going to be anywhere near that with a basic 2.7i. I'd stick to 17# injectors from an M50 - a little bigger than stock without drowning the engine in fuel.

also, ditch the RRFPR. You'll never be able to tune the car using a FPR, and the RRFPRs make it even worse by overtaxing your fuel pump and injectors.

everything else looks fine!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

make ur own list for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
        problem.
        False. performs slightly better than a stock "i" motor.

read:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=97872

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

make ur own list for me.
          Could you be a little more rude? He just told you the only things you need to change.

Comment

soory man i didnt read the last post ,, soory my fault.

Comment

anything i need more???

-Eta bottom end
              -Super ETA pistons
              -new chromoly piston rings
              -885 head
              -i cam
              -double valve springs (it should come with all this if you buy used)
              -motronic 1.3
              -87' i wiring harness
              -i AFM
              -i intake boot with idle control valve
              -i throttle body
              -i intake manifold
              you can use the stock exhaust manifold, the exhaust ports are almost identical in size
              -i front dampner (you need this for the crank position sensor that goes there
              -i crank position sensor (this deletes the need for your sensors that come off of the bellhousing)
              -m50 injectors or better (I have 24lb ones, a cartech RRFPR, and a wideband o2 sensor so I can adjust the fuel pressure and get it running perfect.)
              -3 bar fuel pressure regulator

problem. so what should i do, chip the fucking car and get better gears ratio, i have 2.9LSD. what should i get ,and some people told me adding a chip to the eta motor will cause the singe valve springs to float??.

iam so confused. also if i did the 2.7i conversion what should i end up with ??how much HP's and torque.
              With what you posted I'd guess you'd get around 155-160WHP. You'll need a 3.73 LSD to use the power. Putting a chip on a eta is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aveman View Post
                With what you posted I'd guess you'd get around 155-160WHP. You'll need a 3.73 LSD to use the power. Putting a chip on a eta is a waste of time.
                If you mean stock ETA, I absolutely disagree. I drive a very tired "is" and raced a chipped eta running a 3.73. He ran right with me or a bit ahead up to about 60 MPH.

If you are talking about a Frankenstein, I would agree. MS costs only a bit more, and why the hell would you chip, and then re-chip to turbo? MS and you are ready to boost.

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yah iam gonna do the conversion. getting parts.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    If you mean stock ETA, I absolutely disagree. I drive a very tired "is" and raced a chipped eta running a 3.73. He ran right with me or a bit ahead up to about 60 MPH.

If you are talking about a Frankenstein, I would agree. MS costs only a bit more, and why the hell would you chip, and then re-chip to turbo? MS and you are ready to boost.
                    I was talking about putting a chip on a stock ETA, heh I guess I can't imagine any power could be found if it can only rev till 5K. I drove my car with it's stock ETA motor for a couple months before tearing it apart and the power starterd to fall off after 4K which I figured was a result of the cams. I had a 2.79 rear end in my stock eta and it still pulled pretty decent in first and second gear, after that it was over. When I first got my car running with the "i" head on eta bottom end I was running the 2.79. First gear went of forever with a 7K redline but it was actually pretty fun to rev it out.

Comment

whats the compression ratio.

Comment

with seta pistons and the 885 head it'll be 8.5:1, same as a stock seta..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

seta is a super eta head right!!! and 885 head is the 325i ,ic head am i right???

Comment

the super eta head is the same 885 casting - the only difference is single valve springs and (on some) 5 cam bearings instead of 7.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ic. i am gonna try to find a fucked 325i engine for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X