This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche ITB + M20 What do you think? SOLEX 40PI

Well I have been hiding these for years and finally picked them up. Now I wonder if they are a good size for the M20? Well let me know what you think. It says SOLEX 40pi and of course Made In Germany

I also have the original air intake,

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

I doubt they'll just bolt up, easiest way to check though is to pull a head at the junkyard as your test platform. Someone on here has already done the motorcycle throttle route and just used silicone hose inbetween the flanges and the throttles.

Comment

May need some spray paint first...

Comment

Those are downdraft carbs off a mid 60's 911. If you could even fit them under the hood (they have to sit upright to work properly) I dont think they would be a good match for the motor. I think the motor they came off of made all of 130hp or something like that.

Now that I think of it a set of 6 velocity stacks in a row sticking out of the hood would look badass! :D

Comment

Double post.
          Last edited by Turf1600; 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

guys guys youre missing the important part here

hes been hiding them for years
            but he just picked them up
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
              Why the hell would you want to take a well fuel-managed motor and downgrade it to crappy Solex carbs? Making an M20 run on carbs would take a large amount of work and in the end the benefit would be very small, even if you had the latest and greatest Weber sidedrafts. Even then, the performance vs. headache ratio would negate most of the effort and the motor would lose quite a bit of efficiency so it would only really make sense on the track.
              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I love your inginuity. You make me want to be a better modder.

Comment

Working...
                X