Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about this oil pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think about this oil pan?

Is this oil pan worth it? Or is it some aftermarket crap that'll probably get pretty dented and messed easier because it's aluminum?

all the e30 m20 oil pans are aluminum...
    along with the m42 oil pans.
    that is a good used oem pan as you can see the bmw symbol in the center of it.
    if your worried about it cracking then you should have it plated like I had mine..
    I used 1/4 aluminum..

Comment

Did you see the shipping charge?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Toms73NovaSS View Post
        Did you see the shipping charge?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That must have been changed last night.
        shipping was almost the same cost as the pan was...

Comment

That's a ripoff, ask around the forum.
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

I've purchased parts from that seller (katybay)....good seller, but a bit of a wingnut...
            he told me that his parts aren't from a mexican parts yard, and started typing on and on about how those parts yards are infested with oddities.

weird guy.

his gf/friend whatever has nice bazzooms tho...he got that part right...

Comment

You can get an oem from BMA for 287.76.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

it will probably break just as easily if you hit something - most likely around one of the welds. that welding sucks ass.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  it will probably break just as easily if you hit something - most likely around one of the welds. that welding sucks ass.
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks rattled can'ed to me. I thought ebay didn't let you do the crazy shipping cost thing.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

That is criminal.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        doubt it.
                        pan was heated before it was welded.
                        the welds dont have to look good for it to hold just as strong as the rest of the pan.
                        plus I give the guy credit for being the only one in town to weld aluminum and about 80 years old.

Comment

I've seen good aluminum welds - those look like they were done in a high school ag class.

sorry, but generally shitty looking welds = shitty welds.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I asked days ago why shipping was so high. Here is the reply today (after it did not sell)

I don't have a clue it went high i guess with the cost of oil by next year its going to be 200...Just weld yours or buy a new one that way its shiny inside this one is going to be Oily and , hey maybe thats why its so much to ship because it does weigh alot? I wonder if there is something like a huge clog of oil inside or what but it weights alot.I'll check and if not im going to put a hole in it and sell it as aluminum and get a Few bucks for gas and drive to the gym and workout .
                            - katybay77

What?

Comment

Working...
                            X