X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dark89e30 View Post
    Throw it in the trash, and good things will happen
    huh?

the ICV is supposed to buzz - that's the PWM frequency working (about 60hz).

if your CPS is rubbing on the pulley it means the clips that hold it to the timing cover were missing..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

the clips are there...i just forgot to put the wire in the clips...my idiot mistake

Comment

glad to hear you sorted the issue

Sucks not having a clue whats wrong with your car.... really tries your patience
        Originally posted by ebelements
        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Update:

The good:
          Got the car running and driving around,

Here is what I did to get that point:
          replaced the CPS and it started right up! but then shut off after a couple of secs...Replaced the ICV...did the same thing...replaced the TPS did the same thing. At this point I am throwing tools, then I noticed some dust clouds "circling" near the intake manifold. Hmmm, pull it loose to check it out, and guess what! I have 3 gaskets on one of the intake ports! HELLLLLLO VACUUM LEAK!

Take care of that problem, turn the car over and the car sits there and runs, without any problems...However!

Bad:
          O2 sensor has gone bad! Also there is a rough idle, only noticeable around 500-750 rpm but goes away around 1500-1750. The car is breaking up in the rpm ranges I am guessing because there is NO O2 sensor on there at the moment (its there but unplugged). Would the O2 sensor cause the rough idle?

End result, it was nice to drive the car around the block under its own power once again! Now to fix some other shit, i.e. need a new flywheel :bangshead:

Comment

So, put a new o2 sensor in the car is running better, still a loopy idle until it gets warm. I have a exhaust leak at the axle back, and ICV valve i got "new" umm yeah its out of spec, so I am going to order an OEM and see what that does...

Comment

Working...
            X