No announcement yet.

Really Weird Idle+loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update: cleaned my icv/afm/tb = car runs smoother now. did a 30 mile test run, no issues.

however, after another stomp, it still gave me the 1215....is it cleared now? how do i reset it.
    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
      pulled the gas cap
      not the gas cap... the oil cap!
      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

omg. bwahahahahahah! oil cap oil cap man. god i didnt even notice that.
        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

well, in case anyone was wondering, car has been fine. runnin like a champ, i'd like to thank everyone for their help. learned a couple of things.

thanks guys.
          1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

So, what ended up causing the issue?
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

im guessing afm/icv? it was throwing a code for bad afm, i just removed the whole intake and cleaned out everything and double checked the connections, one large can of carb cleaner+toothbrush

however, i did a stomp and it still gave me a 1215, which is weird because the car has been running smoothly. lowered the idle to about 800, and no more bucking/hesitation.

how do you clear engine codes anyway?
              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Pull the negative terminal off the battery and let it sit for 30 mins or more. Whenever I do this, my ECU takes a few miles to 're-learn' what the car likes, but after that it smooths out like normal. For all I know this means there are problems it is adjusting to but you should have no more codes. Drive it for a bit and then do another stomp test; sometimes the check engine light will flash while driving and you may not notice it, and then a code is stored. I believe a 1444 is all clear, but I'm assuming you have a fault code list. Good luck :D
                Originally posted by chileelky
                amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

perfect. thanks a lot. lets hope i get fourteen forty four'ed.
                  1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

i had a similar problem with my 1986 325es. the PO decided to take the AFM cover off and cylicone it back on. every now and then it shutters, but i just have to get out and check the cover.

Comment

Working...
                    X